HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 06:41 AM

Electrical issue

I got rear ended in my 2009 SS about 2 weeks ago while sitting at a red light. When I got back in to move it out of the road, I put on my turn signal, but there was no sound. I also found out I had no a/c, no heat, no turn signal or emergency blinker sounds, the radio was on but no sound, steering wheel info center didn't work, compass on mirror stopped working, god knows what else. Anyone else have issues like this ?
Old 12-07-2015, 07:09 AM
Technical Moderator

My first guess is the Underhood fuse box got jiggled hard enough to come loose.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member

Donbrew has a good suggestion on what to check.
If it got hit hard enough, it could have jarred loose some wiring just about anywhere.
I would start checking at the battery 1st since it's in the back where the impact happened.
If it's going to be an insurance claim, then just let the repair shop deal with it. Just make sure the shop and your insurance adjuster are aware that the electrical issues are the result of the accident.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Administrator

X3 let the insurance and repair shop deal with this, most likely the battery damaged in the rear end collision, glad your OK!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 PM

I have the repair shop looking into it, but his insurance company, Progressive Select says that it is not typical that these issues occur from a rear end collision, and telling them everything was working fine until that moment doesn't cut it with them. I was changing the radio station when I got hit, so I know it was working. Now I have to sign a disassembly form saying that if it can't be proven that the collision caused these issues
, I have to pay out of pocket for the disassembly and re-assembly.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Deceased

Have you pointed out to Progressive that the battery, and the primary electrical connections to it, live where your HHR is scrunched up?

I would insist, quite firmly if I were you, that Progressive send an adjuster to look at your ride in person.

And the "Disassembly Form" is a technique used by underwriters in an attempt to intimidate you, at this point you might wish to retain legal counsel...and let them know that you have retained said counsel, their tune will change quite rapidly.

Talk to your friends, or co-workers to see if they know of a decent attorney who would handle representing you. If you'd like, shoot me a PM and I'll see if there is a good attorney in your area by using the "Lawyer's Grapevine" since I'm a semi-retired Lawyer myself.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:36 PM
JCC

Rear ended...

All good answers... BUT do not pass up 843de offer to help in getting Lawyer help. People like this don't

come by everyday, need to recognize a blessing when it's offered! The insurance companies are not your

best friend and like the Administrator just told you... " the "Disassembly Form" is a technique used by underwriters in an attempt to intimidate you." Beware, you sign it your liable for it.

The mouth and the pen can get you in great trouble, when you don't know what to say or do then say nothing and do nothing... investigate, research and seek wise counsel. Best luck in the matter, Regards
Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Deceased

I'm not licensed to Practice Law except in North Carolina, New York, and Texas.

But there's a "Good Ole Boys" network of Attorneys both men and women who work with each other, and I'll gladly give you the names of some folks to call backinblackss, and you can go from there but as JCC very wisely pointed out...don't let the other guy's insurance company attempt to intimidate you.

He's at fault, you're not, that puts You in the driver's seat here.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Technical Moderator

You've been watching commercials on daytime judge shows? Sounds like a quote.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by donbrew
You've been watching commercials on daytime judge shows? Sounds like a quote.
Nah Don, I've been using that for years.

Quick Reply: Electrical issue