HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Factory Plug from harness to module

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:12 PM

Thank you very much. That is what I needed to know.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 AM

Thumbs up Thank You for your time and valuable information.

Originally Posted by donbrew
You had this posted at the end of an old long thread in the Audio video section. I moved it here.

Please tell us exactly what you are asking. Year, model, what connector exactly. I think I know, but I'm not going to waste my time looking on guess work.
Don Brew, I have already read this thread and copied both diagrams pertaining to the cooling fan on the HHR SS 2010 for future reference.

As things go my own 2010 HHR SS began to exhibit symptoms identical to some in other threads, A/C warm all of a sudden and climbing engine temperature mainly.

Fortunately it was close to home and I made it to the driveway, popped the hood and saw the fan not on with the A/C on and engine running, at that point the gauge began a fast climb too so I hit the fan motor with the end of a long 3/8" extension and it came on fast immediately and temperature responded accordingly however after turning the car off the usual fan running for a while was slower and noisy so I figured near 100,000 miles now I'd just replace the assembly and install a fan motor only in the one removed and keep it as a running spare..

I have already purchased a Cooling Fan Assembly via Amazon.com however Rock Auto.com was about identical in price [$180.00] to the front door so either are a good source, [Ordered on Friday afternoon, received Monday afternoon] all other places tried, local and internet were far higher in price.

Thanks for your help in the past as well and for the record no Fault Codes were set during this latest adventure, engine temperature according to the readout on the dash never passed 3/4ths of the full scale and the digital readout was 225 at its hottest point while I was quickly trying to narrow down the problem suspecting worn brushes in the cooling fan motor..

I'll check all connections when I R+R the Fan assembly as well in case vibration by tapping the motor helped reconnect any that may have been open or offering electrical resistance.. Visually they appear like new.

If all does not work out as planned I'll come back and admit so, hat in hand..

Have a good day...
Old 01-14-2017, 10:45 AM

I have a 2006 chevy hhr .2.4L...an electrical plug below my alternator somehow got jammed between the wheel and block and tore the wire out ....I have looked at all the wiring diagrams ....I have the alternator out....and can't figure out where it goes......please help .. it's just a green hot and a ground 12v
Old 01-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dave Sollows
I have a 2006 chevy hhr .2.4L...an electrical plug below my alternator somehow got jammed between the wheel and block and tore the wire out ....I have looked at all the wiring diagrams ....I have the alternator out....and can't figure out where it goes......please help .. it's just a green hot and a ground 12v
Please do NOT double post. You have a thread you started and double posted with this same info.

this thread is closed.