HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Fake SS

People who just put badges on their car make me angry.

I was on the freeway today and just cruising along and come upon a hhr with red ss stickers on it.

It had all the SS badges in the right spot so as I pull up next to him and get past him I realize the front is the LS style. I laugh and I think he saw me. I couldnt tell because he had his windows tinted and I could just see the top of his head.

So I pace him for a bit and when its clear I drop it into 4th and take off. He just sits there so its obvious its just a sticker mod. I slow back down to the speed limit and wait for him to catch up. I take off again and the guy slowed down and tucked in behind a minivan, I think he was a bit embarrassed.

To each his own but people who think its cool to badge up their car when its got nothing to go with it just bug me. Now if the guy had a custom turbo or what not, thats another story where its semi acceptable.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM

Since you had to get to the front to realize it wasn't an SS, I assume it had nice wheels, too; which means he's invested money to get it the way he wants it. I think you're being to hard on the guy. If there's one thing I would change on the SS if it were physically possible (not so because of the intercooler), it's the front end. I prefer the non-SS front-ends. So your freeway buddy did a 'what if' project. "What if Chevy made a non-Turbo SS?"

I agree it would need some level of motor mods to be complete, but maybe he's not done.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:10 PM

SS badges on a non SS is posing. I shaved all the badges off mine, I'm just not advertising.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 PM

Hey, the guy probably wished he'd gotten a SS to start with, and decided to do a little clone work.
No harm-no foul to add SS badges to a car. It's all about what a person likes.
I have a 1996 Impala SS[not a clone], and you would'nt believe how many people with Caprice's, added all the SS stuff on, so their ride looks like a Impala SS.
What ever rocks your boat.
We know the difference between real SS's and clones. "Moon"
Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by HHRemi
Since you had to get to the front to realize it wasn't an SS, I assume it had nice wheels, too; which means he's invested money to get it the way he wants it. I think you're being to hard on the guy. If there's one thing I would change on the SS if it were physically possible (not so because of the intercooler), it's the front end. I prefer the non-SS front-ends. So your freeway buddy did a 'what if' project. "What if Chevy made a non-Turbo SS?"

I agree it would need some level of motor mods to be complete, but maybe he's not done.
if you were closer i would trade you my front end!

been lots of discussions on here about the non-SS with SS symbols etc. One thing any people will bring up is depending on what year it was, maybe he just really wanted their to be an HHR SS... before it existed. It took 2 years of the hhr before they built the SS
Old 02-04-2010, 12:26 PM

First off, most people wouldn't notice or even know an SS from Shineola.

Second, I think it would only piss off SS owners really.

Where can you get those badges anyway?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM

I prefer stealth. If I had an SS I'd take the badges off ( they look so much better on a Chevy Aveo)
Old 02-04-2010, 12:52 PM

Maybe he had the badges on before the HHR SS was thought of. Because I know there would have been more people waiting for the SS version then buying an LT or LS. But who would thought Gm would have made an actual performance SS crossover unlike the Malibu Maxx SS. That is the real thing to blame for the guy putting SS badges on his non-SS HHR because if GM can put it on that, then any one can put it on what ever they want[/rant]
Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by HHRemi

I dunno about you but its tough to tell nice wheels on a car while moving at 70-80 mph.

I think the ss front end is a bit cleaner. The regular has a weird black lip above the lower grille that messes with the flow imo.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Badges..we dont need no stinkin badges!!!lol..my lt will smoke a stock SS any day of the week..AT THE TRACK!!to each his own..personally dont like the SS front end..the cooler??nice placement..gm really usin there head there..about as much as a guy tryin to provoke a street race!!!kudos to the guy with the fake SS badges..for not racing...all show no go sumtimes is a good thing

Quick Reply: Fake SS