HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

front plate

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 PM

Because this one flips down and I don't want to go lower.

The one I have and that will be powered will slide out and flip up so it will not kill the ground clearance.

The one you show is what the street rodders have used in the back for years and the flip down from under the car. This would leave you 3 inches of ground clearance in the front.

Besides the one I want will be sold by where I work. I sell the other and it just is not a good fit for my SS or my driveway.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM

any info on it? maybe I can make up something
Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 PM

Mine had screws, not rivets. I was bummed that the dealer installed it, but oh well. Just four holes. Front plates are required here in Texas, but I don't intend to wear one. I haven't for years.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:23 PM

APR-400 $49.95 Summit Racing price and part# It is also available at many other places like Corvette specialty shops for the same price.

Altec products Show and Go flip up license plate frame.

This is a universal set up and will mount right in the middle of the front end.

It pulls out and flips up in front of the intercooler but does not effect perfromance.

You have hole in the close off panel and you can use it for the rear screw mount. The front two need to be drilled under the lip. All hardware is included.

Note you will have to fab a small spacer to mount the front level on the short kick up on the close off panel. I used a hard plastic spacer I had in the garage. I cut it to size and drilled the holes right thorught it. I then used two longer stainless screws to mount the front.

It is clean easy and van be removed with no problems.

The only thing you need to watch is parking bump stops or curbs that are very high. I watch for them anyway as I do not want to tear up the nose as it is.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Heres my front plate after my gal changed the way it looked:
Holy crap - did you guys get in a fight?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
Mine had screws, not rivets. I was bummed that the dealer installed it, but oh well. Just four holes. Front plates are required here in Texas, but I don't intend to wear one. I haven't for years.
Mine was screwed in and the rivet pack still in the SS when I got it. I still have it bagged up and taped to my factory plate bracket in the cabinet in the garage.

I had them leave the plate bracket off when they had to replace my front bumper haver I was run off the road.

Now you see it!

Now you don't

I wish it was up a little higher when it is displayed but I run 95% of the time with it down.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
Holy crap - did you guys get in a fight?
A trailer lightly skimmed the front bumper. She cried over it because she likes the SS almost as much as I do shes online here as well... Lady3bglover
Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Mine was screwed in and the rivet pack still in the SS when I got it. I still have it bagged up and taped to my factory plate bracket in the cabinet in the garage.

I had them leave the plate bracket off when they had to replace my front bumper haver I was run off the road.

Now you see it!

Now you don't

I wish it was up a little higher when it is displayed but I run 95% of the time with it down.
I've seen that before...now we just need to make it electric
Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 PM

So where do we get it at? And how much is it?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
APR-400 $49.95 Summit Racing price and part# It is also available at many other places like Corvette specialty shops for the same price.

Altec products Show and Go flip up license plate frame.

This is a universal set up and will mount right in the middle of the front end.

It pulls out and flips up in front of the intercooler but does not effect perfromance.

You have hole in the close off panel and you can use it for the rear screw mount. The front two need to be drilled under the lip. All hardware is included.

Note you will have to fab a small spacer to mount the front level on the short kick up on the close off panel. I used a hard plastic spacer I had in the garage. I cut it to size and drilled the holes right thorught it. I then used two longer stainless screws to mount the front.

It is clean easy and van be removed with no problems.

The only thing you need to watch is parking bump stops or curbs that are very high. I watch for them anyway as I do not want to tear up the nose as it is.
Here it is

Quick Reply: front plate