HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

GMBuypower is frustrating

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 AM

GMBuypower is frustrating

For the past couple months I have been using the GMBuypower website to search for available HRR SS vehicles in my area. For some reason, it will not let me open up the window sticker. So I can get a list of what SS models are at the dealers near me, and basic info such as color and MSRP. I can tell whether it is an auto vs 5 speed by looking at the VIN. But I can't search for specific options.

Well now today I can't get anything to work for the SS. I get this error:

Sorry.
We can't seem to find any vehicle you selected within 100 miles of your area.

Choose a Dealer to help you find it. Then send an email, call, or visit them with your request.

Or try searching for another style.

I know the vehicles are still there, by checking the inventory of the dealer on their websites. But the dealer sites don't have detailed info on options either.

This is so frustrating.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 AM

I just go through Chevy's site . . . buid the car . . . then look for it . . .

I have had a glitch before where I couldn't see the window stick, but it seemed to be their end, and it fixed itself later.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM

I had better luck searching on autotrader or cars.com..... Both seemed to be fairly close to actual dealer inventory in my area.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Cars.com for my area is so out of date it isn't funny . . . I found pictures of HHR's with snow still on the ground . . . . and guess what the dealer sold them months ago!

This way was very accurate!

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicleloca...&subModelId=66

The Window Sticker generator must be down getting updated . . . .
Old 07-24-2008, 03:39 PM

I was never able to get the window sticker thing to work for me.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:45 PM

I have a window sticker from the vehicle I want (printed two months ago), with the price listed, but the base price plus the options listed doesn't match the prices on Edmunds.com or Chevrolet.com I'm wondering - were there mid year price increases on the 2008 SS that occurred?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM

Yes, there was a base price increase on the SS but I can't remember the exact date it happened.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:15 PM

Not only were there price changes, there were times the 6 disc CD changer was included and times it was not . . . ?

Jersey, just like you I spent hours and hours pouring over the window stickers I could find on Chevy's site. . . and rarely could I get the prices to match . .

Chevy's site shows "some" of the options . . . and same with KBB and Edmunds . . . Why? I dunno . . .

I.E. Chevy's site does not show the limited slip differential or the performance drivers seat . . . KKB and Edmunds does . . . but they are missing the stereo options, or IIRC the Pioneer speakers are not available . . .

Tough to say the least . . .

Oh and on the Chevy window stickers some times the price breaks down to all the options, and some times it was just one big lump sum at the end . . . .

It's like the current HHR I have, per the window sticker it has 3 options above and beyond the first HHR I got a quote on, the individual options cost $220, but the window stickers only varied by $70 . . . . . . ?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 PM

try the GM Supplier Discount website. www.gmsupplierdiscount.com
you can click on build you own and then search dealer inventory without logging in. The window stickers always came up for me on it. The regular chevy website I was lucky to find a car.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM

I got a window sticker through GM Supplier website, but I can't reconcile it with any other source, as the base price and option prices are different depending on the source. I'll be going to the dealer this weekend to confirm price and options. I've already requested an internet price through the dealer website.

For those that have recently financed (other than the 0%), what is the going interest rate (in US) if you have good credit? I will check with AAA to see what they are offering as well.