HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

H/P Tuners and the SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM

H/P Tuners and the SS

What is your serial number eric? I have an update that adds HHR SS 2.0t support.

William Henn
HP Tuners LLC.
www.hptuners.com

It's official H/P Tuners is now supporting the HHR/SS and the tune will be going into my HHR on the 11th...Bill is saying roughly 30 extra horses just from the tune and this is just the beta version...More to come Thanks Bill
Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 PM

Can you explain what you have to buy to get this 30 extra ponies?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Have someone hook up the H/P Tuners computer tuning software to it and reflash the ECM....www.hptuners.com to buy it yourself its roughly $700 to tune it 1/2 the price...
Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Someone? Meaning a performance shop or who? Any list of who would be able to do just the tune???
Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
What is your serial number eric? I have an update that adds HHR SS 2.0t support.

William Henn
HP Tuners LLC.
www.hptuners.com

It's official H/P Tuners is now supporting the HHR/SS and the tune will be going into my HHR on the 11th...Bill is saying roughly 30 extra horses just from the tune and this is just the beta version...More to come Thanks Bill
what is the new version? HPT can see the tune but cannot write or modify with the current version
Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM

You've got to be able to know a tuner in your area..I know of 4 here in Houston area 3 of them do mail order tunes but then you'd be W/O a vehicle for a couple of days.....Wheatley tuning,Nelson Tuning, And T3 Tuning is the one im going to use....
Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
You've got to be able to know a tuner in your area..I know of 4 here in Houston area 3 of them do mail order tunes but then you'd be W/O a vehicle for a couple of days.....Wheatley tuning,Nelson Tuning, And T3 Tuning is the one im going to use....
I dont need to know a tuner, just a version that can write the pcm, right now the currentl version cant support the hhr, it reads it as a solstice and cannot modify the stock base tune because of that.

Just popped the email over to support with my log, hopefully I can have a new version by the weekend and can toss it on the dyno Sat :)
Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_Rocks
I dont need to know a tuner, just a version that can write the pcm, right now the currentl version cant support the hhr, it reads it as a solstice and cannot modify the stock base tune because of that.

Just popped the email over to support with my log, hopefully I can have a new version by the weekend and can toss it on the dyno Sat :)
I have 2.2.1.0 Beta, and can open the file bill said to send him the file and your h/p tuners serial # and he'd fwd. it to you....

We have posted an update on your customer login page located at www.hptuners.com

This update adds support for the 08' HHR SS 2.0t for which you previously contacted support

Please Download & install this new version at your earliest convenience.

If you run into an issue while using this beta version please make support@hptuners.com your first point of contact.

William Henn
HP Tuners LLC.
www.hptuners.com
Old 03-04-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_Rocks

I have the new vversion of the 2.1 beta. It is dated 2/29/08. Not all
versions of 2.1 beta are the same. The versions dated after 2/29/08
WILL WRITE to the pcm as well as reading them. If you plan to try and increase boost, you can't do it with HPT yet. You can change PE's to
richen things up but u have to do others mods to increase boost. There
is a wgate mod but it tends to get unlearned. Taking boost control away
from the ecm is the only way so far to get an increased and flat boost
curve until HPT supports that idea of the code.

turbofreak
Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 PM

What about the torque limitation? I thought that was the primary issue, that somehow the torque was capped.

Quick Reply: H/P Tuners and the SS