HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:54 PM

I was under the impression heated seat option was only available w/ leather seats. (no leather seat SS's, no heated seats)
Taking mine in to a shop recommended by the sales guys who i've known for yrs (and some back when i worked there way back when) in a month to have them put in on my SS.
My wife has heated seats on her Subaru Outback and swears by them, even in the warmer seasons. She says nothing like getting outa work after a long night in the ER, cranking up the AC and turning on the seats for the drive home. Being a spinal fusion patient myself,(and having a heating pad on standby next to my recliner ) My wife said it was a no-brainer with me getting heated seats on my SS (of which i told her was not a option) When i found out i could get them "heated" by a outside shop, she did not cringe one bit when i told her what i was quoted to have it done ($400),and only said, "you made a appointment, right?",. Gettin it done on my vacation, a one day job they told me, and getting a rental of some sort (not many vehicles i'd rather drive fer a day than my SS ,IMO:twothumbs ).
The reason/excuse for no heat inna non leather seat situation was, "that leather retains heat" heck the heat is going into me, so what's the deal? LOL.

Forget the prefered/(only available?) brand of heating "pads" used in the trade for aftermarket use, but i kinda remember seeing a link/thread mebbe here somewhere, of mebbe it was during a search online when i was checking into getting the seats done.Pretty much just a printed circuit looking thin membrane heating element ,installed in the seat.Bummer in my case is that OEM switches will not be used, but what i was told they use a very good switch installed in OEM locations.
I'll report after i get it done, tho all i'll prob have to take pics of are the switches, and my toasty warm back LOL.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:13 PM

:redXdance
Old 07-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
When i found out i could get them "heated" by a outside shop, she did not cringe one bit when i told her what i was quoted to have it done ($400)...
I thought it would have been a lot more. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jmstro04
I thought it would have been a lot more. Thanks for the info!
Come to think of it, i think i was quoted $450,,, but still . Like i said my wife did not skip a beat when i told her the price,, all she said was"so you made the appointment, right?' (waiting til i go on vacation inna few weeks, when i take it in)
Gonna take that long to get all the lil crumbs and other stuff lost in the seat canyon of no return,LOL b4 i give it to those guys to yank out the seats, and laugh at all the stuff that prob fell in between them
Old 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM

How do you go about finding a place that can install the heated seats?

I remember there was a company called Katskins (sp?) that does leather seat installation, but you have to contact an authorized installer locally. If I remember correctly, the cost to add heated leather seats for my Avalanche was about $1500. I imagine the HHR would be significantly less.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
How do you go about finding a place that can install the heated seats?
I found out about my place when i asked my salesman buddy. They use this place for heated seats and other aftermarket stuff, and this place i remembered from way back when (when i had a dealers license) for T-tops etc.

I'd call around to the dealerships and see what they can give ya.Or mebbe a yellow page searh for related type shops advertising that kinda work.

Hope ya find a place
Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
I found out about my place when i asked my salesman buddy. They use this place for heated seats and other aftermarket stuff, and this place i remembered from way back when (when i had a dealers license) for T-tops etc.

I'd call around to the dealerships and see what they can give ya.Or mebbe a yellow page searh for related type shops advertising that kinda work.

Hope ya find a place
I assume this will not be covered by GM warranty, correct? If not, does it have its own warranty?