HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

HHR SS bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:58 PM

Heyt I own a Fiero I wish they were as kind as this guy.

Own a Fiero for 25 years and you can get a pretty thick skin when you read stuff like this.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 PM

On the contrary, I always felt that the HHR SS was in true tradition, a real Super Sport. Think of the days when GM defied automotive "decency" and took ordinary family transportation like the Pontiac Tempest and spawned the GTO and the Chevelle Malibu and spawned the Malibu SS.

I still remember years ago that many of my friends didn't think the Nova deserved the SS monicker, since it was thought of then as a "practical compact car" (SOUND FAMILIAR?). Oddly but accepted, in and out of this option were performance vs cosmetic upgrades, depending upon year.

The HHR SS retained the performance through and through instead of simply settling only on cosmetics. IMO it is a true, modern day SS.

HOW CAN THE NOVA BE AN SS?
SAME WAY AN HHR CAN!!!
Performance engineering; that's how
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Obviously written by someone who failed to check their facts. Not worth the time it took the writer to compose it.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
On the contrary, I always felt that the HHR SS was in true tradition, a real Super Sport. Think of the days when GM defied automotive "decency" and took ordinary family transportation like the Pontiac Tempest and spawned the GTO and the Chevelle Malibu and spawned the Malibu SS.

I still remember years ago that many of my friends didn't think the Nova deserved the SS monicker, since it was thought of then as a "practical compact car" (SOUND FAMILIAR?). Oddly but accepted, in and out of this option were performance vs cosmetic upgrades, depending upon year.

The HHR SS retained the performance through and through instead of simply settling only on cosmetics. IMO it is a true, modern day SS.

HOW CAN THE NOVA BE AN SS?
SAME WAY AN HHR CAN!!!
Performance engineering; that's how
The truth be said the HHR and Cobalt SS are the most suited GM cars to carry the SS since 1970.

Fact is my HHR is faster than my Stock 1968 Chevell SS and my 72 GMC Sprint SP [El Camino SS]. WIth a cam and intake my 68 was about the same.

Funny no one complains yet about calling the Monte Carlo SS from the 80's a SS with only 185 HP.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 AM

Trouble with the Internet is that everybody with an opinion can write what ever their heart desires, and obviously people do. Ignore it and move on.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Father Azmodius
I remember the 80's Monte Carlo/El Caminio SS with a 305 in it. The SS was just an appearance package for that one.
I sure do and I still have my 81 SS Royal Knight El camino with a neck snaping 145 hp
Old 11-19-2009, 07:13 AM

Cross-forum wars are always ugly. I would never join another forum for the purpose of flaming some ignorant SOB. Not only is it a waste of time, as my post count of 1 is going to get me no respect or credibility on the other board and get piled on as a troll, but it takes me down to the level of the idiot I'm trying to flame in the first place.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 AM

I would not have bought an HHR unless they came out with the SS model. The difference in performance and looks is significant.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM

It's just his opinion... and I can see why people would think that, frankly. It is an odd vehicle to have such sporty performance. I wasn't considering the HHR SS until I drove one. Then I was sold. But that's just me (and all of you guys too, obviously).
Old 11-20-2009, 05:14 PM

What the writer of this article does not realize and the reason he should not write about cars is that the SS started as an appearence package and too some degree is today. As an HHR SS owner he really needs to drive the SS based off that engine to appreciate it. I have the GM tuner upgrade and achieve awesome acceleration times while maintaining a 24MPG average fuel rating in mostly city driving. Hard to beat that kind of performance/fuel economy ratio.

Quick Reply: HHR SS bashing?