HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Is this HHR SS Blue Flash Metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Of course my first love would be Corvette Velocity Yellow. I don't know why they don't.

I think the HHR in hot red yellow looks smokin hot.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 12-22-2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Reduced pic size
Old 12-22-2007, 04:29 PM

MOTRV8D, I admire your quest for Chevy to make yellow an available color, but, seriously, have you contacted GM directly (and ask everyone you know, and others!) to do the same?

The only way GM will make a change is if they "feel the demand"!

Your campaign here is really fruitless.

Please don't take this wrong.... I really like the yellow myself and wish they'd make it available!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Are you guys sure about the Imperial Blue being available in the SS? When I ordered mine in the beginning of November, I was told the only blue offered was the Blue Flash. PS.; My dealer (in New York) says I should expect delivery next week. Of course about 3 weeks ago he told me I'd have delivery before Xmas.... We shall see what we shall see
Old 12-22-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by waloupis
Are you guys sure about the Imperial Blue being available in the SS? When I ordered mine in the beginning of November, I was told the only blue offered was the Blue Flash.
See here: http://www.classicchevytexas.com/Mak..._id=2008111405. Click on appearance (Step 3) and colors show up half way down. Blue Flash shows up as Extra Cost Paint. Maybe they wanted you to spend the extra $$$
Old 12-22-2007, 06:34 PM

Looks like there's a mistake there and it's a typo on their page 'cause everywhere else I checked Blue Flash was the only 'blue'. And IMO the Imperial is a nicer color. Boy will I be pissed....
Old 12-22-2007, 06:37 PM

BFM shows up as 2 very different colors depending on lighting conditions.
A friend of mine did 300 plus photos at the Chevy preview in AZ andfd they are the ones you see in the various internet galleries. He showed me one he took of a HHR SS BFM just as the sun was going down and it was VERY different from the "bright blue" you see at the beginning of this thread. Has a
dark looking purple tint to it. I liked it alot. I gues I better since it is what I ordered. Production date week of Jan 7th.

turbofreak
Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Hmmm, according to this pulled from GM Media Online you'd be right about no Imperial Blue.

"the available exterior colors enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle. They include Victory Red, Black, Light Tarnished Silver Metallic, Mystique Blue Flash Metallic and Sunburst Orange II Metallic. "

but then if you go to Chevy's own website they state 6 colors. Who knows for sure
Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
MOTRV8D, I admire your quest for Chevy to make yellow an available color, but, seriously, have you contacted GM directly (and ask everyone you know, and others!) to do the same?

The only way GM will make a change is if they "feel the demand"!

Your campaign here is really fruitless.

Please don't take this wrong.... I really like the yellow myself and wish they'd make it available!
Im not really on a quest or a campaign, otherwise I would have done more about it. My own personal life is so busy (remodeling GF's mom's house) that I haven't taken the time to go on a "campaign."

I posted the yellow pics b/c there are a number of new members on here I'm sure have never seen 'em. I don't have Bob Lutz' addy or I would have sent them to him long ago. So if someone can help me out here with a Chevy executive's or admin's or even a departmental's email address, over the holidays I will try to find some time to make a pitch.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Here you go.....

Lutz.Bob@GM.com

Good Luck
Snoopy posted it in your other thread about yellow HHR's
Old 12-23-2007, 06:47 PM

I like the BFM SS!

Quick Reply: Is this HHR SS Blue Flash Metallic?