HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

hhr ss front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Deceased

i am interested
Old 09-28-2014, 10:54 PM

The purpose of the splitter is to use the wind going over it to push the front of the car down for better handling it's in no way shape or form designed for more horsepower. The pieces are actually very durable they made up of aluminum and carbon fiber. It definitely can take some abuse but personally idk a whole lot of things that hold up to curb ramming lol. Also It's 600 for the full kit we'd be only getting the splitter so cost would be less.

I'll talk to the owner see how many he would need to do a lower group buy price.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shane H
......it's in no way shape or form designed for more horsepower.
Now, there's an absurd and superfluous statement! You obviously misunderstood lasater's comment. Splitters are strictly for aesthetics on a street driven car. Period. Some would call it 'rice'. The reason it hasn't been wind tunnel tested is because it would prove what I just said to be true. Those that like that sort of thing will buy them; those that don't, won't. No claims really need to be made about their merits or lack thereof especially when you don't know what they are so you can't represent them to be fact. That's just fluff designed to help generate sales. That plus the fact that $600 is beyond ridiculous for them. (IMO)
Old 09-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

Well I said I would test for free.. I'm not paying. I'm out.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by db/sb
Now, there's an absurd and superfluous statement! You obviously misunderstood lasater's comment. Splitters are strictly for aesthetics on a street driven car. Period. Some would call it 'rice'. The reason it hasn't been wind tunnel tested is because it would prove what I just said to be true. Those that like that sort of thing will buy them; those that don't, won't. No claims really need to be made about their merits or lack thereof especially when you don't know. That plus the fact that $600 is beyond ridiculous for them. (IMO)
First off cost is not 600 for the hhr. I've said that multiple times. Second obviously it's for aesthetics but to say it has no effect is silly. Yes I agree that on a street car they're main purpose is visual, but they still increase down force thus increasing grip and can be noticed at a track when they are done properly.

While your opinion is that it's rice and that's fine, I differ from the average member on this site who thinks hotrod flames, moon hubcaps and every other thing that is done to make these cars look like they're from the good olé days to be awesome. That is rice to me but that's just my opinion.

If your out that's fine. The only reason I made this was to try and help everyone out. I read the thread that moon posted about his front splitter and it intrigued me. So when I found a company willing to make one I figured I would share the news. Considering no one makes any exterior parts for our cars at all.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:57 PM

You didn't read my post either, apparently. I didn't call it rice; I said some would. $600 would be ridiculous regardless of what vehicle it was for. I've really got nothing else on this and I know that you're out to sell them but all I did was give my opinion. No need to defend your position or try to convince me of anything. Like I said, those that like that sort of thing will buy them; those that don't, won't. End of story.....
Old 09-29-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by db/sb
You didn't read my post either, apparently. I didn't call it rice; I said some would. $600 would be ridiculous regardless of what vehicle it was for. I've really got nothing else on this and I know that you're out to sell them but all I did was give my opinion. No need to defend your position or try to convince me of anything. Like I said, those that like that sort of thing will buy them; those that don't, won't. End of story.....
I appreciate the post and sorry I misread your post. I'm not trying tp sell these all I'm doing is trying to see if anyone else is interested.

Cost is estimated to be in the 400 range for the hhr not 600.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:00 PM

Universal blanks for CF chin spoilers go for about 500 a plate. I don't see where a purpose-built mod would be cheaper.

I'm actually gearing up to start doing my own CF panels right now. I'll let people know if there's spare material. From the sounds of it, I don't think anyone would want to pay for them. That's the reason why I'm doing my own in the first place.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by gamma-wes
Universal blanks for CF chin spoilers go for about 500 a plate. I don't see where a purpose-built mod would be cheaper.

I'm actually gearing up to start doing my own CF panels right now. I'll let people know if there's spare material. From the sounds of it, I don't think anyone would want to pay for them. That's the reason why I'm doing my own in the first place.
It's not all carbon fiber certain parts are, the rest is alumilite. That's how the cost comes down.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:36 PM

That's what most composites are cored with. If they don't use that specifically, there is a honeycomb material that others use. Some are using mat material designed specifically for CF/kevlar vacuum set-ups. It's all in the name of lower weight and higher strength. It's the push/pull design principal.

Quick Reply: hhr ss front splitter