HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Inquired @ my selling dealer about an SS yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 AM

Inquired @ my selling dealer about an SS yesterday

They couldn't find any base 5-speed's anywhere near, in the colors I want (Blue Flash Metallic, Silverstone, Sunburst Orange, or Imperial Blue Metallic).

Didn't have them appraise my '07 for trade yet, because with nothing out there like I want, no point yet.

I'm probably going to have to look at ordering an '09 if I'm serious about this. I don't like to wait on stuff, though. I'm not very patient.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
They couldn't find any base 5-speed's anywhere near, in the colors I want (Blue Flash Metallic, Silverstone, Sunburst Orange, or Imperial Blue Metallic).

Didn't have them appraise my '07 for trade yet, because with nothing out there like I want, no point yet.

I'm probably going to have to look at ordering an '09 if I'm serious about this. I don't like to wait on stuff, though. I'm not very patient.
hey LR, don't know where you are located, but in the Metro Phila area, there are 50 HHR SS's available, that you and other members can check out. Go to Chevy.com and build your SS, and use my ZIP.....18976 and you will get 7 pages of SS's, here is 1 example for you in BFM... I am sure your dealer can work out a dealer trade and get the SS shipped to him. Some of these dealers here have 5 and 6 in stock, and the current offer is $2250 off list, I should have waited and with my GM supplier, I would have have almost $4000 off list with minor haggling Happy hunting for the SS.
I think the timne to buy is now............. BTW, I do not endorse
the listing dealer below, just showing you an example, as there are about 35 dealers in my area with these 50 SS's in stock

CHEVY INFORMATIONRequest Info Email Sign-Up Find a Dealer
ZIP:

More Search Options

CHEVY EXTRASNews & Events Merchandise STEP 1: SELECT SEARCH AREA STEP 2: SELECT A VEHICLE STEP 3: INVENTORY RESULTS Window Sticker Printable Version
CHEVROLET 73 INC.
110 SOUTH ROUTE 73
BERLIN, NJ 08009-1757
Phone: (856) 767-1120
2008 Hhr
ENGINE ENGINE,2.0L DOHC DI TURBO
5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Blue Flash Metallic Exterior Color
Black Interior Trim Interior Color
VIN: 3GNDA73X78S646955
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $22,925.00

Options installed by Manufacturers
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

AUDIO SYSTEM HIGH PERFORMANCE

WITH 7 PIONEER SPEAKERS
SS PACKAGE

AM/FM STEREO,6 DISC CD CHANGER,

MP3 FORMAT W/AUX INPUT JACK
(REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
BLUE FLASH METALLIC

POWER SUNROOF

TOTAL OPTIONS $1,085.00

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $24,010.00

DESTINATION CHARGE $620.00

Step 1: Selected Search AreaCity:
State:
Search Range: Miles
Step 2: Selected Vehicle 2008 HHR
Starting at $
Representative images shown Help Center
Site Map
GM Sites
Worldwide Sites
Experience OnStar
Warranty & Coverage
© 2008 General Motors Corporation
Copyright/Trademark
Privacy Statement
Old 07-13-2008, 02:42 PM

the only thing though doing the search for the cars like that is really in accurate. The deale can choice to take the car out of their system pretty much whenever the feel the need. i searched like this when trying to find the exact setup i wanted. I found 7 of them for my dealer and had them all in order. Most of them had been sold weeks ago, and only one of them on the list was still there since it got delivered the day before.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:57 PM

My local dealer was useless trying to find the car I wanted. I spent over 4 hours researching dealers within 200 miles of Detroit for the right car. With as fast as these cars have been selling the dealers are not updating the Chevy site after the car sells. I would find a car on the Chevy web site then go to the dealers web site to double check if it was still there. I also found out that the dealers here in Michigan did not want to trade their SS's. I would up buying my car 70 miles from were I live because the dealer would not trade the car to my local dealer. G.B.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
the only thing though doing the search for the cars like that is really in accurate. The deale can choice to take the car out of their system pretty much whenever the feel the need. i searched like this when trying to find the exact setup i wanted. I found 7 of them for my dealer and had them all in order. Most of them had been sold weeks ago, and only one of them on the list was still there since it got delivered the day before.
I can understand what you are saying, and that may be the case out in IN, but in this area, they seem to be on top of their inventory for whatever reason, I always check around, to see what is out there and make the calls to see if they are offering any additional deals.... It's still worth a try for anyone interested......you have nothing to lose
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 PM

SSRoadster, thx for that info. I'll give that a try. Using autotrader I found a 2008 silver SS w/ 3639 miles for sale as a Certified Used for $21,988 asking price at a midwest Chevy dealer. It is a 5-speed and orig MSRP was $24,996.
They're located about 300 miles away from where I'm at, though.

I really think Silver is my first choice. The black grille work looks great set in silver.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
SSRoadster, thx for that info. I'll give that a try. Using autotrader I found a 2008 silver SS w/ 3639 miles for sale as a Certified Used for $21,988 asking price at a midwest Chevy dealer. It is a 5-speed and orig MSRP was $24,996.
They're located about 300 miles away from where I'm at, though.

I really think Silver is my first choice. The black grille work looks great set in silver.
no problem, if you end up doing what I suggested, it would probably take you about 30 minutes to go through all of the inventory in my area and check out the window stickers....hope you get the Silver you are looking for, if I get some additional time, I will try to check for a Silver 5 spd w/LSD for you..
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 AM

Here in central/south Jersey there are still a few of them with the options I want. My primary choice is red, but there is a black one at the closest dealer to me that looked pretty nice last weekend.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:05 AM

Silver was my second choice of color. When I had the dealer do a search, there were a bunch of silver 5-speed SS's in the upper midwest... most in IN and OH if I remember correctly... I pitched all that paperwork on Friday or I send it to you. Any dealer should be able to do a locate for you though.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM

I live in Buffalo and last week, NOBODY had them except Paddock Chevrolet. 2 dark blue SS and the fancy blue one. Got mine for 22,950. Wouldn't budge on the $$$ BUT they gave me more for my '96 Firebird than they should have. $2K from the GM card and I went for it.
Don't know if they have any left.
JIm

Quick Reply: Inquired @ my selling dealer about an SS yesterday