HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

it's a gas leak, not oil...need suggestions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
And if your repair lets go while you are driving and causes a fire? Man, you are taking a chance.

You asked for advise, and the suggestions were Warranty, replace the part, or to get it silver soldered.

But it's your car. Best of luck with the fuel resistant (not fuel proof) liquid metal.

Peace
the new line is ordered, will be here in 2 to 3 days.....out of warranty and powertrain does not cover it from what I read. the Liquid Metal is only a temp fix, only a slight seepage compared to drip, drip, drip......

Originally Posted by sleeper
Fire Extinguisher !!! I always have one in mine..
yes, I have mine with me, just in case.........

Originally Posted by stanvalp
too late for silver solder. u gooped it up. not likely it can be cleaned up enough for silver solder. oh well, just put the new one on and happy cruising.
after I put the new one on, I will have to de LM the old one and then get it silver soldered to keep as a spare....

thanking everyone for your concerns........
Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM

the fuel line is replaced....no more leak.....

just replaced the fuel line this AM and started a new thread in the "How To Guide" section, link below.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...849#post555849

Took the SS for a test ride and all is well, for those who have been following, I have reinstalled the tune, and the popping and banging that I was having during part throttle is eliminated. Thinking that it was the BSR tune, when in reality it probably was the leaking fuel line causing that condition. I still may have the loss of boost condition at times, but right now it is to wet to test. There still is the possibility that the wastegate actuator solenoid is defective, as I recorded another P0234 Overboost code the other night still with the line leaking. Also it did start to leak more so even with the Liquid Metal temp fix, so the SS sat and my wife made the sacrifice of letting me use her vehicle til the part came in, what a lady she is....
But the testing after the line replacemnet today was very encouraging, quick response, no popping or banging as I stated, and no surging at all. Will test further tomorrow. All-in-all a very procductive morning....

Last edited by SSROADSTER; 04-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.