HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just got this-Keep a eye out for b4-after pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Just got this-Keep a eye out for b4-after pics

Ordered this last week, and plan to try all the stuff in it during the 2 weeks of vacation i've just started today :
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...%26+wax+kit.do (got the polisher too, plus a few more things from them while i had the c-card in my hand )

Got a few minor scratches and at least 2 chips to tend to,so after a claybar session,a lil polishing to remove swirls from pre-micro fiber wax/dry days and then a good wax job, i'll have the remainder of my vacation to enjoy my black beauty without having to take it to work and have it get all yucked up

Also have a few other things in store, caliper color change(red), oil change (her first) tire rotation/learn TPMS reset afterwards LOL,trimming a set of
"regular" HHR mudflaps to fit my SS,(been stalling hopin' SS ones go on the market ) a good interior cleanup, tint the side windows(20%)and get heated seats installed and just overall fine tooth comb going over. , plus whatever lil mods that pop in my head.

Getting the workshop/garage a lil more organized b4 i start all this work/fun (A/C is already on ) and soon i'll be relocating stuff from the workshop side (one enclosed 1/3 of the 3 1/2 car garage) to the other 2/3's . The SS fits in there ok now, but getting a few more things along the wall that are doing nothing but taking up space , will give me more move around room during the couple of days i plan on primping her up .

Will post b4 and after pics when i'm all done, to show the newer /improved set 'o wheels
Old 08-02-2008, 10:27 AM

Sounds like you've got a nice plan for your break. Enjoy it!

Looking forward to your progress pics.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS

Got a few minor scratches and at least 2 chips to tend to,so after a claybar session,a lil polishing to remove swirls from pre-micro fiber wax/dry days and then a good wax job, i'll have the remainder of my vacation to enjoy my black beauty without having to take it to work and have it get all yucked up
I've been there with other vehicles on the swirl marks, very lucky that BFM does not have any in the paint at all. I remember when I bought the SS, the sales guy said we will wax it for you, I made sure they did not, only wash and that was it. I do have a few water spots on the roof, but I think that was because it sat on their lot for 3 weeks before I came along. I think the clay and water & vinegar solution will work to remove those spots, just have not gotten around to doing it. Will also be anxious to see your before and after pics on the Black, I am sure it will turn out great......