HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Love My SS but....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Question Love My SS but....

This is the only thing I can say even remotely bad about my SS. It has a resonant buzzing in the driver side dash/foot box/lower door area when I hit bumps. Speed doesn't seem to be a factor. Anyone have any insight? Is there a known issue/fix?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 AM

Warranty i take mine in for rattles all the time.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM

I have the same thing..I thought I figured it out yesterday thinking it was the splash guard. But I like chadpuska's idea. Taking her in to the dealer Monday
Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 PM

I noticed not anythinbg wrong but just more noise then normal in the floor area.

When I added my Carpeted floor liners and rubber mats for winter I don't notice near as much.

I think GM just is not putting as much insulation on the floor of the HHR as they do some other cars.

Cost and Weight are big factors in cars of this class floor inuslation is part of that.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 AM

I thought the SS was quieter then the LT/LS versions.Anybody else? I took note to this because in the near future I was planning to add Rammat. My LS seems to be more "open" sounding while driving while the SS was more of a closed in sound.My SS is pretty quiet for a small vehicle.( which was one of my pet peaves on compact cars)
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
I thought the SS was quieter then the LT/LS versions.Anybody else? I took note to this because in the near future I was planning to add Rammat. My LS seems to be more "open" sounding while driving while the SS was more of a closed in sound.My SS is pretty quiet for a small vehicle.( which was one of my pet peaves on compact cars)
I agree as small cars go the HHR SS is pretty quiet but it is still not as quiet as the new Malibu.

Also many wagon, hatchback and van type cars traditionally have a lot of road noise due to the large cabin area.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by BeanWagon
I have the same thing..I thought I figured it out yesterday thinking it was the splash guard. But I like chadpuska's idea. Taking her in to the dealer Monday
What's good about the dealer is that they'll take away your one noise and give you 2 new ones at no additional charge!

Oh, and don't forget to ask for the "greasy hand print on the headliner" special. I forgot to mention this when I took mine in for the mind-numbing rattles, but the Service Tech took care of me anyway... those guys are always thinking of the customer.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:02 PM

I have the same noise! I thought it was just mine. It sounds like two pieces of metal vibrating together. Same noise you hear? It sounds like it is under the dash. I figured they ran out of screws that hold something together in the assembly plant in Mexico!

Just like my driverside rear door handle, one on the inside. The screws were just laying in the handle area, and upon further inspection They forgot to add a mounting bracket under the interior skin. That one is going back to dealer with the 'HUGE' paint run on my rear spoiler they have yet to fix.

I will actually invetigate this week and let you know if it is a quick fix. I agree with XXL. Sometimes the dealer makes more noises after fixing the main one :)
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 AM

I just have a lot of creaks and intermittent rattles/squeaks in the dashboard area. What noise I get on any particular day depends on the outside temperature. It's like a symphony of noises, so I drown it out with the radio.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 AM

i had the same problem on mine and i resisted takin it in to the dealer. one day i had my son feel and look for it. lo and behold it was nothibg rattling--it was ---windshield wiper vibrating against the windshield . i know it sounds crazy but you could ctually see it by looking close. took them off and left off (i dont drive in rain) quiet as a mouse now ;Thanks Skip (mine is an 08 SS)

Quick Reply: Love My SS but....