HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

My SS is for sale at this dealership...Gearhart Chevrolet in Denville, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 AM

My SS is for sale at this dealership...Gearhart Chevrolet in Denville, NJ

Here it is...though I've told them more than once, this car is NOT an automatic as listed, but a manual. They also have it listed as "cardinal red metallic" (?!) when it's victory red:

http://www.gearhartchevy.net/Vehicle...earch=preowned
Just plug in Chevrolet and HHR; it's the only HHR they currently have on their lot.

They only have a stock photo up, but here's what it really looks like:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/featured-hhr-submissions-43/july-2012-featured-hhr-devils950003-41602/

It was immaculately cared for...would love to see someone who really wants a nice HHR SS get their hands on this one.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM

We're dying to see ZL1 pics!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DappHHR Dan
We're dying to see ZL1 pics!
Yeah, I gotta take some soon...winter isn't my favorite season for such things, but maybe a couple of quickies by the weekend. It's been great...really has a 70s muscle car feel to it...still breaking it in (about 1020 mi so far, break-in is 1500), but suffice it to say that this thing has some serious cojones...I can only imagine what it will be like when I really started pushing it.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM

Wow. Seems like a common progression from the HHR.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Wow. Seems like a common progression from the HHR.
Yeah, see that, even our color choices are the same...you're an auto guy, me a manual. Is the LS Camaro more of a beater for you? Just wondering.

I've loved the 5th-generation Camaros from Day 1...it was just never practical for me to own one until this year...the HHR SS was a great jack-of-all-trades car, and one I could drive most of the time, regardless of the weather (the Z is a blast, but it definitely ain't that!). If I didn't have a beater in my '07 Escape, I never could've bought the Camaro. In an odd way, I'm finding driving the beater is liberating...I loved the SS and was always worried about dings, scratches, etc., even though it was my daily driver for over 3 years, where such things are hard to prevent (had some chips here and there that were promptly touched up, but no dings or real scratches). It's nice to park and not worry for once!

What I loved about the HHR SS was that it had considerable pep and was sporty too, in its own way, and I didn't think the cheap interior materials were really all that bad...I thought they worked, and if anything, made for a great blank canvas on which to paint. I thought it was one terrific bang-for-the-buck vehicle. I can't really say that I miss my SS over what I have now, but I can say it was a great great experience while it lasted, and loads of fun.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM

How much did they give you on the trade? Just wanted to figure out how much they might go down on asking price. Thanks, Dave
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 0orangehhr6
How much did they give you on the trade? Just wanted to figure out how much they might go down on asking price. Thanks, Dave
this ^^^^^^
Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 AM

They gave me $11k, which was pretty much what dealers across the board were willing to cough up. I tried to sell it, but couldn't find a taker. They wouldn't budge off that $11k either, but I was able to get the price of the Z down, and got them to discount some other things, so it really wasn't that big a deal.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Devils950003
Yeah, see that, even our color choices are the same...you're an auto guy, me a manual. Is the LS Camaro more of a beater for you? Just wondering.

I've loved the 5th-generation Camaros from Day 1...it was just never practical for me to own one until this year...the HHR SS was a great jack-of-all-trades car, and one I could drive most of the time, regardless of the weather (the Z is a blast, but it definitely ain't that!). If I didn't have a beater in my '07 Escape, I never could've bought the Camaro. In an odd way, I'm finding driving the beater is liberating...I loved the SS and was always worried about dings, scratches, etc., even though it was my daily driver for over 3 years, where such things are hard to prevent (had some chips here and there that were promptly touched up, but no dings or real scratches). It's nice to park and not worry for once!

What I loved about the HHR SS was that it had considerable pep and was sporty too, in its own way, and I didn't think the cheap interior materials were really all that bad...I thought they worked, and if anything, made for a great blank canvas on which to paint. I thought it was one terrific bang-for-the-buck vehicle. I can't really say that I miss my SS over what I have now, but I can say it was a great great experience while it lasted, and loads of fun.
Feel/felt the same way.
The LS is the wife's car (her 3rd Camaro), and I was liking the mod canvas and weekend driving, so I got one for myself. Plus I was having issues and frustrations with the GMTU eating MAF sensors constantly, that the dealer threw me a trade offer I couldn't refuse to end the suffering. $13.5K, since they did any and all service on it, and I kept it clean.

The auto's is for the wife and remote start function. We switch vehicles to keep the mileage down, since she drives 4 miles a day and I do 45.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Feel/felt the same way.
The LS is the wife's car (her 3rd Camaro), and I was liking the mod canvas and weekend driving, so I got one for myself. Plus I was having issues and frustrations with the GMTU eating MAF sensors constantly, that the dealer threw me a trade offer I couldn't refuse to end the suffering. $13.5K, since they did any and all service on it, and I kept it clean.

The auto's is for the wife and remote start function. We switch vehicles to keep the mileage down, since she drives 4 miles a day and I do 45.
I got lucky, I had no issues with my GMTU at all.

BTW I'm over on Camaro5 too...usually in the ZL1 forum, though I like ALL Camaros...same name as here.

Quick Reply: My SS is for sale at this dealership...Gearhart Chevrolet in Denville, NJ