HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

New HHR SS Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:55 AM

New HHR SS Owner!

Hi folks!
Well, I saw the 0% for 72 month promotion and had to have in! I have a 475bhp Saleen Supercharged Mustang GT Convertible that was doing duty as my daily driver.... well, 18mpg gets a little tiresome when premium is about to hit $5/gallon. And besides, I feel bad driving it to work with rock chips assailing it, etc...

So, reading up on the 30mpg HHR SS -- I just had to have one. A little background, I used to have a SRT-4 Neon before I traded it in on the Mustang, so I'm familiar with FWD Turbo 4 vehicles.

I searched ALL day yesterday to find a 5-speed within 100 miles of me. It was nuts, there were only 3 within 120 miles! Here in Southern California, they seem to be scarce for whatever reason. And with the promotion going on, it seemed like HHRs were disappearing all day. The Santa Monica Dealer didn't have anything but 2 panel trucks, his other two had sold just that day (and this was lunch!)

So HHRs appear to be hot right now. Can't say I blame them. They are awesome. My salesman even let me take a little slalom in the back lot of the dealership. He said that's where Z06 customers test out their 0-60 and handling prowess

Well, I took some photos early this morning after waking up like a kid at Christmas. They're not very good, but at least I won't get harassed with the old "This Thread is Worthless without Pics" routine

Any clubs/cruises going on with HHRs in Southern California? There seems like there's a Mustang one every other week. They're fun!

Hope to make some more HHR friends on this forum, seems like a great group of folks.

If you see me on the road, I'll be sure to wave

Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 AM

and congrats on the SS
Old 06-28-2008, 11:08 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 16
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! Check out So-Cal HHRs, they are always up to something. Check the Regional Threads for their events
Old 06-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Nice Ride, I almost got the SS, but at the last minute decided against it. I really like the grill and look of the front on the SS. I have the Super Bee so I'm happy.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 06-28-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Reduced pic size
Old 06-28-2008, 11:12 AM

Wow lots of new Socal Owners!. Welcome and be sure to check in when the next G2G is. We's love to have you join us.

Don in Long Beach
Old 06-28-2008, 11:25 AM

@kodos78

Welcome. I also just purchased a new HHR SS 5spd on Thursday. I'm also in Southern Ca., and you are right about finding a 5spd. It took me three days of searching and calling around before ours showed up on the radar. Luckily my buddy knew a friend with connections at a local Chevy dealer. As luck would have it they just happened to have the exact model I was looking for show up on the truck the day before

If it wasn't for that I would probably be HHR-less right now
Old 06-28-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by SS Sean
@kodos78

Welcome. I also just purchased a new HHR SS 5spd on Thursday. I'm also in Southern Ca., and you are right about finding a 5spd. It took me three days of searching and calling around before ours showed up on the radar. Luckily my buddy knew a friend with connections at a local Chevy dealer. As luck would have it they just happened to have the exact model I was looking for show up on the truck the day before

If it wasn't for that I would probably be HHR-less right now
thats what friends are for...

Now the thre of us can cruise around and look retarded since we all have identical vehicles...lol

I think I need a jack ball for my antenna so I don't try and get in the wrong car
Old 06-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kodos78
Hi folks!
Well, I saw the 0% for 72 month promotion and had to have in! I have a 475bhp Saleen Supercharged Mustang GT Convertible that was doing duty as my daily driver.... well, 18mpg gets a little tiresome when premium is about to hit $5/gallon. And besides, I feel bad driving it to work with rock chips assailing it, etc...

So, reading up on the 30mpg HHR SS -- I just had to have one. A little background, I used to have a SRT-4 Neon before I traded it in on the Mustang, so I'm familiar with FWD Turbo 4 vehicles.

I searched ALL day yesterday to find a 5-speed within 100 miles of me. It was nuts, there were only 3 within 120 miles! Here in Southern California, they seem to be scarce for whatever reason. And with the promotion going on, it seemed like HHRs were disappearing all day. The Santa Monica Dealer didn't have anything but 2 panel trucks, his other two had sold just that day (and this was lunch!)

So HHRs appear to be hot right now. Can't say I blame them. They are awesome. My salesman even let me take a little slalom in the back lot of the dealership. He said that's where Z06 customers test out their 0-60 and handling prowess

Well, I took some photos early this morning after waking up like a kid at Christmas. They're not very good, but at least I won't get harassed with the old "This Thread is Worthless without Pics" routine

Any clubs/cruises going on with HHRs in Southern California? There seems like there's a Mustang one every other week. They're fun!

Hope to make some more HHR friends on this forum, seems like a great group of folks.

If you see me on the road, I'll be sure to wave

Congrats...I have had mine for 2 weeks now

Traded in the GTO and haven't looked back. Gotta admitt it's alot more fun to drive but not quite as exciting as my now sold 04 blown vette
Old 06-28-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ColeTrickle
thats what friends are for...

Now the thre of us can cruise around and look retarded since we all have identical vehicles...lol

I think I need a jack ball for my antenna so I don't try and get in the wrong car
You're right, if it wasn't for getting good deals I wouldn't need friends

At the rate they are selling HHRs this week, I have a feeling we might start seeing more SS models on the road
Old 06-28-2008, 11:53 AM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 18
Size:  38.2 KB

Quick Reply: New HHR SS Owner!