HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

proud to own an SS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM

I still love my SS. I went to my local salesperson to trade for an LT Panel and drove out with the SS. Can't argue with the deal he made me (it had been at the Denver Car Show in 2010, so was an off-the-book car). No mods except the chrome smoothies and baby moons (and much better tires - amazing that I went from 18's to 16's and they ride better, handle better, and stop better), front tint and a 10" sub. Performance with the auto is everything I could wish for - boost curve and shift profile are very well matched. And it is quieter than my wife's 2010 Equinox LTZ at cruising speeds.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
this thread just makes me more depressed that they jettisoned the SS, and then the HHR completely

I seriously would have conisdered buying another one in a couple years. I guess I could look for a lightly used one at that point.
Yeah, know what you mean, I would've bought another one too...I know not everyone has had the best of luck with SSes, but my experience has been nothing but awesome. IMy next ride is a ways off for me (only about 32.5k so far on mine), but I have no idea what direction I'll go in next...I'd love a yellow and black 2SS Camaro, but it's just not practical for me...rear wheel drive + NJ winters + living on a mountain = not good.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM

Just noticed this topic
I am very PROUD to own My HHR SS. I Cant wait till I can get the GMTU installed.
Still amazes me how many people that do not realize what the SS is all about.
Gm put Some SS badges on some non deserving cars (dogs) in the 90's and newer but to me the HHR SS was one of few chevys that deserved to wear the SS emblems.
After all Gm use to only put these SS emblems on cars that where just plain fast like
Mikes 67 SS tire shredder.
Back in my cruising days when an SS pulled up next to ya and you did not have and SS you better hope you had modified your car those cars mean business.
Sometimes I even had to reach back and turn the old bottle on my old Impala.But usually that was saved for the old 5.0 mustangs when needed lol.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by havoc3d
I always love to bring up, when people ask if it's fast, that it will keep up with a 97-04 Corvette around the Nurburgring. And that's before any mods.

I have to admit I think it's a bit homely, but that's part of Pete's charm. He's a nice simple Pete. It's predecessor was a Lancer GTS, which looked like it should do about 170...but couldn't. People always wanted to race it, and for the most part, it lost. Pete, on the other hand, gets kinda chuckles and silly looks when you pull up next to Mr. Civic Si....and then you see the grin sort of a fade in the rear view...

So...it handles quite well, it's about the fastest you can go for the money (we'll have to see about the '12 Focus ST (where's our RS?!?!?!)), and the best i've done so far is 14 new computers, in boxes, with all peripherals AND the networking equipment to hook them all together with some room to spare for small items AND an adult passenger. Just rolled over 80k miles, 8k of them mine, and so far things are great (other than my mysteriously disappearing front left TPM)

There's just nothing else available that can do what these little cars can. I mean, 160mph! In a wagon! 25mpg combined!
will the HHR ss really keep up with the 97-04 Corvette around Nurburging?I thought they where more in the 8:00 range rather than 8:43