HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Racing HHR's and Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 08:58 AM

Racing HHR's and Cobalts

These are fun cars, I use mine for work. I've always been amazed at people's desire to try and race pretty much anything. An SS, even with a tune is NOT a fast car. A newer pick up truck is just as fast off through line. My wifes Mercedes sedan is faster than one of these and much heavier and bulkier. I don't race my Mercedes or pick up truck. I do like to get on it in my Corvettes and I do spend time on the track in my Porsches. VERY different experience than an HHR or Cobalt. Rather than spending money on all these gadgets to squeeze out another drop of juice from a car like these, why not invest it in a vehicle with more raw power? I'm not bagging on the HHR. For what it is, I love it. I have a few that I use as company vehicles. They are GREAT on gas, comfortable to drive and all of mine thus far have been reliable. We had one that was T-Boned HARD, hard enough that it ripped off one wheel and mangled up the strut and control arm on the other side and even though insurance salvaged it out, we took it back, pulled it apart and were going to use it for parts until we saw how well the actual cage of the vehicle held up and ended up rebuilding it instead. New suspension components in the front, bumper, headlight, fender and front and rear doors, a new paint job and she looks as good as her sisters. I did the work myself and it was less than having to purchase a replacement. If you want to race, get a Corvette, even a Camero and start with a car that will be faster stock than you could ever make an HHR or Cobalt even with all of the tweaks and tunes.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:51 AM
Administrator

I moved this to it’s own this as it is not really about the subject of the 2008 thread it was attached to.
I agree , there are faster more HP cars and trucks out there, but none are as cool has an HHR!
Old 12-18-2021, 11:33 AM
geg

Victory is not in a powerful engine, victory is in the pilot's determination and palms.