HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

smashed up SS for sale (not mine)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Its too bad they want so much for the car... I would love to buy it take the motor, and rear axle and seats and put em in my car to make the first Man's SS... all the power, without all the skirts...
Old 11-29-2008, 09:57 PM

10k for the car, 3300 for the nose, probably less than a 1k to pull the frame, plus your labor
Old 11-30-2008, 08:33 AM

But you'd still have the salvage title to deal with.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by JACK-07
Its too bad they want so much for the car... I would love to buy it take the motor, and rear axle and seats and put em in my car to make the first Man's SS... all the power, without all the skirts...
that would be kinda cool.. but i think you can make your 2.2 or 2.4 make better power than the 2.0 ... for alot less money than buying a wreckd SS just for the motor
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
But you'd still have the salvage title to deal with.
true. but that would be a car to keep for 20 years
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Ypu woul;d be suprised that there may not be damage to the engine. After I was run off the road and the front of mine took a hit I was suprised to find there was no damage to the engine. My inter cooler took a hit but other thanthat the engine was untouched.

Note they say it runs with no problems so that tells us there is no check engine light or the like. so the intake must be intact. the hit was high enough to do that.

From the photo the hood latch on the support was driven back but there is space to give there also the radiator and condenser have room to give.

I would say of the unseen damage there is a good chance only the overflow tank may be smashed beyond the condenser and rad.

Between mine and some of the other Wrecked HHR's I have seen they hold up well and the front nose support around the engine will take a hard hit and not give much if any.
just wondering when they say it runs does it means that you can drive for couple of miles or just down at the end of block??

i had integra that was hit by a old dodge or ford truck. it was hit so bad that you couldnt even open the driver side you have to crawl from passenger to driver side to able to drive the car. but the engine was not damage, the car was able to drive from point a to point b.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by DBHHRLT
just wondering when they say it runs does it means that you can drive for couple of miles or just down at the end of block??

i had integra that was hit by a old dodge or ford truck. it was hit so bad that you couldnt even open the driver side you have to crawl from passenger to driver side to able to drive the car. but the engine was not damage, the car was able to drive from point a to point b.
I think they were st pointing out the car is in running condition and that it is moveable.

As to the rest you would have to ask. From the looks of it in the photo's it does not look all that bad and the door gaps all look good. There is no viable bend it the roof. So from this this point it look very fixable.

The problems will not be 100% know till you have it appart and on the frame rack. But even then they can pull out much worse than this.

Like it was stated if you did ypur own work and got the parts right you could built a new car. But to have someone else do it it would not be worth it.

I have have friends rebuild cars like this and end up weith new cars for only half the cost But you have to be careful as if you buy one bad car that has many issues it can kill you money wise. Remember with a salvage title it will reduce the value if you ever sell it. Now if you keep it to drive 5+ years you will be ok.

I would not just buy this off E bay without looking at it in person.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 AM

Is it just me or is the rear wiper missing too?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 PM

What happen to it? Must have damaged during shipping.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
What happen to it? Must have damaged during shipping.
Not with over 100 miles on it.

I expect it was rear ended and shoved into the car infront of it [most likely a trcuk since it hit high up. or it rear ended something and then got hit again in the read.

A chain reaction in some form is clear.

Quick Reply: smashed up SS for sale (not mine)