HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

some encouraging news today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 PM

some encouraging news today...

well went to the dealer today to pick up barricade's(wifes car)plates. while i was there i snooped around and saw my car in the back lot sitting. well not long after i was there they pulled it back in. well both plates for both cars came in(very close as being the same plates lol)so i went to put my plates in the car and the tech. tells me they think they found the the problem. a huge boost leak where the inlet air temp sensor is on the lower ic pipe. he pressurized the system to 3psi and you could see (freon???)the smoke coming from around the plate in which the sensor sits. they took some polyurethane sealent and sealed it and now just waiting for it to dry and i will know something tommorow. it looked as though the robot making the part screwed up. the part is on back order for god knows how long,so that's why they are going to try it this way. imagine it leaking at a low pressure like that and think about the 10-15psi i was putting on it stay tuned....
Old 07-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
well went to the dealer today to pick up barricade's(wifes car)plates. while i was there i snooped around and saw my car in the back lot sitting. well not long after i was there they pulled it back in. well both plates for both cars came in(very close as being the same plates lol)so i went to put my plates in the car and the tech. tells me they think they found the the problem. a huge boost leak where the inlet air temp sensor is on the lower ic pipe. he pressurized the system to 3psi and you could see (freon???)the smoke coming from around the plate in which the sensor sits. they took some polyurethane sealent and sealed it and now just waiting for it to dry and i will know something tommorow. it looked as though the robot making the part screwed up. the part is on back order for god knows how long,so that's why they are going to try it this way. imagine it leaking at a low pressure like that and think about the 10-15psi i was putting on it stay tuned....
Well, finally some possibly good news.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM

well, best of luck on that one. hopefully this will finally be signaling an oncoming end to your epic journey of unfortunate disaster. i'll tell you this much, you're going to have a blast once she is working properly!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Wonderful! Sounds like a possilbe solution has been found. My fingers are crossed.

Certainly equates to the problems you were experiencing . . .
Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Well if you come over this Sunday..guess what yuou can drive mine around and see what they really feel like....LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

Does it just need a new intercooler then?

BTW, factory intercoolers have been known to leak like crazy under heavy boost on many vehicles. Many light-duty diesel truck owners will rip out the stock "glued-and-crimped" IC's and install quality welded units.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 PM

it's one of the pipes on the bottom,not the ic.

gcsd-i would love that,but my wife let me drive barricade around the corner once every 2-3days lol. also i'm sorry i will miss all the fun. i have to work my ems job sunday and i don't get off till tues. unless you guys want to bring the party to jamaica beach lol!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 PM

Sounds like you FINALLY got some good news! I hope it's the problem. **Fingers Crossed**
Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 PM

Wow, I hope that this might end your wild ride. Good luck. G.B.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:29 AM

Sounds Like it's the old "Huge boost leak where the inlet air temp sensor is on the lower ic pipe trick"
Good Luck........

Quick Reply: some encouraging news today...