HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Some HHR SS pics that will break your heart...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:02 AM

Some HHR SS pics that will break your heart...

Ahhh... Wisconsin winters... (I'm glad I went with the Pontiac Torrent GXP with AWD)

Check out the ground clearance on this one:

THE GRAND FINALE: Someone left the moonroof open and...

Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 AM

It amazes how often stuff like that happens. Chris and I love to go look at cars at dealerships after hours and have come across quite a few cars that a window was left open, doors unlocked, and even keys left in them.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
It amazes how often stuff like that happens. Chris and I love to go look at cars at dealerships after hours and have come across quite a few cars that a window was left open, doors unlocked, and even keys left in them.
That last picture has someone's personal stuff in it; I don't think it belongs to the dealership. It didn't have a sticker on it either. Ahhh... love that (snowy) new car smell...
Old 01-26-2008, 09:57 AM

Who the hell drivfes around in winter w/ the sunroof open???

BTW the pics don't bother me, I have seen all kinds of badass cars buried in snow. or driving in it. In fact, here are some pics of a 100k+ ZO6 that we purposely drove in the snow :)

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-26-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: reduced pic sizes
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 AM

How in the world do you drive a car with that much HP in snow? I tried driving a car with 320 HP in the rain & it kept spinning the rears if I went over 50 MPH...
Old 01-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by wingfeather
How in the world do you drive a car with that much HP in snow? I tried driving a car with 320 HP in the rain & it kept spinning the rears if I went over 50 MPH...
Ahh the beauty of traction control!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 AM

hey mrjenson, thanks for posting those snowy SS pics! we missed you, you really like that Torrent eh? Glad to hear you haven't wrapped it around a telephone pole...
AWD is a good thing in Wisconsin in January I'll bet!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
Ahhh... Wisconsin winters... (I'm glad I went with the Pontiac Torrent GXP with AWD)
Meh... I'm glad I learned to drive in the midwest then, and had some good teachers. All the electromechanical nannies in the world aren't going to help bad drivers. Personally, I've always believed that thoughtful driving and a decent set of tires is what's important. I'd prefer to be the one in charge of what my car is doing. Not to say all those safety features are useless, but I know the median on I-94 et al. is littered with super-safe all weather vehicles after an average snowstorm. I see 'em every year. And I motor on by in my non-ABS, non-traction controlled, 2 wheel drive DD.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mifunego
Meh... I'm glad I learned to drive in the midwest then, and had some good teachers. All the electromechanical nannies in the world aren't going to help bad drivers. Personally, I've always believed that thoughtful driving and a decent set of tires is what's important. I'd prefer to be the one in charge of what my car is doing. Not to say all those safety features are useless, but I know the median on I-94 et al. is littered with super-safe all weather vehicles after an average snowstorm. I see 'em every year. And I motor on by in my non-ABS, non-traction controlled, 2 wheel drive DD.
C'mon... no matter what your opinion is, the laws of physics favor AWD... good driver, bad driver, etc.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wingfeather
One of the "things" that Chevrolet is very proud of..........the Z06 is a very street driveable "muscle" car. Some of the competitors have street value issues.....so says GM.....and some auto magazines.

But, I personally wouldn't drive my Vette in weather like that UNLESS it was an emergency!!

Quick Reply: Some HHR SS pics that will break your heart...