HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Battle Scars / Post them here

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Well, I went. Got his bumper but not one HHR much less an SS on the lot of 7,000+ cars in the GM section to pull from. SS seem to be safe in the Pocono's area.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:16 AM

found the battle scar thread buried. maybe deserves a sticky?
Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 PM

Not much carnage here

1.) parking lot douchebag dent - hardly noticeable unless freshly washed

2.) Slight curb rash - right rear wheel

3.) Road debris - very recent, snows going on after first, um, snow - new sneakers planned for The Spring

4.) I bottomed out pulling onto a dirt parking lot too fast
Luckily it was only a few miles from home and I love AAA
Crazy Steve hooked me up with a stock replacement in no time flat
I replaced it myself. It was easy but time consuming - I'm much more careful about clearance now

It also has 2 acorn dents in the hood but they don't show in pix and assorted scrapes in cargo area plastic from hauling machinery

Not bad for 50K
Old 11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by stephenm
found the battle scar thread buried. maybe deserves a sticky?
Old 11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

I think Peevlos would own this thread. R.I.P. Peevlos. So glad you saved Brian though!
Old 11-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
I think Peevlos would own this thread. R.I.P. Peevlos. So glad you saved Brian though!
I know officer, that is why I dug it up. thanks ChevyMgr

There was also a VR SS in a head on @ 55 MPH but the pics are dead

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/08-hhr-head-collision-22207/
Old 11-26-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm
There was also a VR SS in a head on @ 55 MPH but the pics are dead

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22207
Check post #45 of this thread for pics of that VR SS
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM

Sunday about 4 a.m.got sum hail damage/ Adjuster will be here Friday.....

Trying to take a pic of a black car on a day like this is just impossible. There are a lot of divits on hood, and on the top.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by steven&cat
Trying to take a pic of a black car on a day like this is just impossible. There are a lot of divits on hood, and on the top.
Ouch! You got a good one there.

I tried to taking pix of a couple of acorn dents for this thread.
It's impossible to show what kind of dent a skyscraper NH Oak tree can leave on your car just by dropping a nut.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 PM

Toll road booth speed total'd

Not exactly battle scars, more like death/total'd pics.

This is what happens when a IDIOT cuts across three lanes of toll booth lanes to get into the one you were planning on going to. Was just a nice ez drive home from work, sunroof open,XM playing, just a plain ol nice nite driving home from work @11pm (at least it started that way )

My plan (short notice that it was) was to do a quick left turn into the lane to the left and then the SOB.
My plan did not go as desired, ended up just hitting the right front tire on the end of the divider 'tween the toll lanes, prob no higher than the average street curb. Was doing less than 15 MPH AND braking coming into the IPASS lane when things went bad and proceeded to airborn/flip the SS into the fencing above the concrete divider separating the toll booths from the actual tool roadway (My "stayed til the troopers showed up,and give his eyewitness backup story" witness said the fence prob kept me from going back ONTO the tollroad,if so i prob would not be here posting this ) Airbag goes off when i impacted the curb, car went airborne and did at least one complete roll, landed against the fence and ended up behind up,roof on the ground w/ the open sunroof right at ground level on one end(which I crawled out of, w/ one shoe and no glasses ) Bleeding like a stuck pig from a cut (U-shaped flap o skin gash on my forehead to this day I have no idea as to how that happened)
A couple of people stopped to check on me (standing in the toll lane,face bloodied and making 9-1-1/wife calls) and that one dude said he saw it all (even the part when the a-hole was driving agressively prior to the toll exit) from the right side of the other traffic and the idiot darting out from his side and zipping over my way.(Good karma to ya dude wherever you are,for hanging around and telling what you saw go down )

A trip to the ER, got c-collar'd/back board'd , the whole thing,,ER doc did a butcher job of suturing as per my ER nurse wife when she saw his work.Plastic surgeon said it was too late to do anything but remove the stitches and gave me directions to lessen whatever scars would be left.
Worst part of it all (besides total'in my baby) was that the idjit that caused this skated after going thru the toll ('tween the 2 of us only got a general description of the car,,out of state plates,and my witness said he had on a red beanie type hat,,) toll booth had no real cameras/video (Trooper said only cams they have there are IF ya blow the toll and those cams are lousy at best)
Still waiting on what my insure guys say,, but with literally EVERY body panel messed up other than the rear hatch, and the right front wheel getting jammed into the passenger compartment) I'd be REALLY surprised if they said it could be fixed (100%correctly) Luckily i had gap insurance on it ,so i'm free of the last yr + of payments..But i'd much rather be still having my SS around so I could STILL enjoy driving it like I did from day#1,and every day after.

PS: when I went to the impound lot to gather up personal stuff/remove plate etc,(and take teary eyed pics of my poor baby) since I still had my Swiss Army knive screwdriver blade out, I removed the SS badging off the right door.I'll prob laminate the window sticker I saved from her, frame it and have that and the badge emblem to remind me of the good times I had with her.

PSS: Will be posting a set of OEM wheels and one short winter use Michelin winter only tires soon here in Classified, along with a Calgon(sp) bra.

Edit: Thanks to all that helped me figure out how to post pics,,,

Last edited by 08blackHHRSS; 09-15-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: SS Battle Scars / Post them here