HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Panel - New Delay

Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 AM

SS Panel - New Delay

New member - first post - Greetings All!

I have been following many posts regarding the delay on the Panel SS. Sadly, I just received the update from my dealer from 'VSSM Order Fulfillment'.

As follows: A supply issue has forced a production delay of your HHR, 1SS order with M/T (MM5) and RPD (UAF). We have been advised that production of these vehicles will not begin until late Nov. Because of this delay we will return your order to the place tab for editing (beginning 10/1 thru close of business 10/6). All effected orders will then be returned to the Production Order Management System, 10/7/2008, for scheduling.
To expedite processing of your order you may remove the RPD (UAF) or change the MM5 to MXO. If you choose to make no change to your, we will schedule for the first available build date.

I am interested in your thoughts on this, and if any of you are going to make a change. Please note short window to do so.

Thnaks
Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dknopp
As follows: A supply issue has forced a production delay of your HHR, 1SS order with M/T (MM5) and RPD (UAF). We have been advised that production of these vehicles will not begin until late Nov. Because of this delay we will return your order to the place tab for editing (beginning 10/1 thru close of business 10/6). All effected orders will then be returned to the Production Order Management System, 10/7/2008, for scheduling.
To expedite processing of your order you may remove the RPD (UAF) or change the MM5 to MXO. If you choose to make no change to your, we will schedule for the first available build date.
Ouch - least confirms the UAF/MM5 combination is the (current) problem. I know from other posts that at least one member (Mr Smurf) is looking at pulling the UAF from his order. Doesn't affect mine (not available to Canadians) but if it was, as cool as it is, I would be proceeding without it.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:47 PM

Hello to the HHR world, Today is my first day on this site AWESOME ..
If anybody can help me with lowering my hhr it would be nice,I have a 2008 HHR panel I just put rear`seats in and lookin to lower then add some 20s to cap if off i will try to add some pictures at a later time Thanks.....MIck
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dknopp
New member - first post - Greetings All!

I have been following many posts regarding the delay on the Panel SS. Sadly, I just received the update from my dealer from 'VSSM Order Fulfillment'.

I am interested in your thoughts on this, and if any of you are going to make a change. Please note short window to do so.

Thnaks
Just fired off an e-mail to my dealer. If this is true, that RPD is outta here. No way do I want an auto tranny. Just a $300 option I really didn't need.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM

I got the call from my GM dealer an hour ago. I also removed the RPD and added a sunroof and changed the ext. color to Black. Hopefully I will get my car by middle NOV. now...
Old 09-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by LEG MAKER
Hello to the HHR world, Today is my first day on this site AWESOME ..
If anybody can help me with lowering my hhr it would be nice,I have a 2008 HHR panel I just put rear`seats in and lookin to lower then add some 20s to cap if off i will try to add some pictures at a later time Thanks.....MIck
You might want to start a separate thread for this. If it is a non SS model you might want to do a search on existing threads under HHR General. None available for the SS that I know of.