HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by russruth
No, just don't have the time, but under acceleration it sounds like my wife's Infiniti, FX35 6 cyl, under deceleration it sounds good but a little bit like a 4.

I gave this a lot of thought and didn't want it to look or sound like a ricer, I wanted a factory look.

From inside the car it sounds good and strong, but mellow.

Actually the only thing I really dislike about the HHR SS is the sound of the motor from the engine bay. (not the exhaust) It's very tractor like at idle. Once running it's fine.

Oh the other thing I don't like is those big damn side mirrors. I'd like them a lot smaller.

Oh yea, third thing. Gold bow ties. What marketing flak thought up gold for the whole line of cars? Should have been silver with a slight black border.

JR
I hear ya about time. Understand your issue with the motor sound at idle and tell ya, you can vynal wrap or paint your bowties. most of us have.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Premium Member

I bought them from my dealer they are the moulded hhr flaps my dealer gave me a discount to 75 but I think they are on e-bay for less I wanted them quick before I started ripping up rocks with the new rubber. They will tell you that they wonk fit and they are right it takes some carefull triming on the front and they mount a little lower on the back you have to drill a few new holes but I am happy with the way they worked out some of the guys here have painted the raised HHR on the rears I would have if it said SS good luck and be carefull with the razor knife
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by russruth
No, just don't have the time, but under acceleration it sounds like my wife's Infiniti, FX35 6 cyl, under deceleration it sounds good but a little bit like a 4.

I gave this a lot of thought and didn't want it to look or sound like a ricer, I wanted a factory look.

From inside the car it sounds good and strong, but mellow.

Actually the only thing I really dislike about the HHR SS is the sound of the motor from the engine bay. (not the exhaust) It's very tractor like at idle. Once running it's fine.

Oh the other thing I don't like is those big damn side mirrors. I'd like them a lot smaller.

Oh yea, third thing. Gold bow ties. What marketing flak thought up gold for the whole line of cars? Should have been silver with a slight black border.

JR
Most new engines will sound like this one. The Direct Injection pump and injectors are noisy. They are powerful because of the high fule pressure needed to put the fuel in the cylinder under compression. You can see 800 pounds just at idle.

Smaller mirrors? There are so many here that have a hard time with the ones we have now. LOL! So many people can't drive as it is so I would hate to see them smaller.

The Gold is a neutral color. I an not a fan of this either. Chevy has always settled on one color on bow ties. They were blue for a while and Gold for a long while before. I wish on the performance cars they would go back to the outline red and black.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Premium Member

got-R-done
Attached Images    
Old 11-13-2010, 09:18 AM

Did you cut the bumper yourself?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Hey Gasman
I almost want to hear how you like it before I say how it was done. Used my multi master and dremel with a couple different tips the difficult part was the left side changing from round to square planning on refilling the bottom under the tips next
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2010, 04:28 PM

Good job on the cut. Looks stock
Old 11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Premium Member

dual exhaust done

parts came in GOT-R-DONE
Attached Images    
Old 11-14-2010, 07:21 PM

SS Fan, looks good, I'd like to see it inperson, let me know if your coming north anytime soon, I'm going Snohomish to see Mike tomorrow about adding some more Fire, I'll let you know when I'll be in your neck of the woods
Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Premium Member

I can tell by the name you live close I'm sure we can get together

Quick Reply: SS Questions