HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Stage 1 5 speed Manual 0 to 60 times

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 PM

Stage 1 5 speed Manual 0 to 60 times

Just wondering if anybody has 0 to 60 times for a 5 speed manual with the stage 1 kit as the only modification? I checked on the internet and can't seem to find them.

Also, is it possible to reverse a stage 1 kit at the dealer? Another words put it back to factory if you have too many problems?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 AM

0-60 times are probably in the 6 second range. Our cars are slow from a dig.

Why would you want to reverse a stage 1? I doubt a dealer could do it without swapping out the map sensors back to stock because I'm sure most techs have no clue.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 AM

Great ?
Not trying to High Jack this thread but if someone wanders in here and has 0-60 times with an auto before and after I would not mind seeing those numbers.
Only Info I have is on stock autos both where first run with traction control on (big mistake) both Ran approx 7.25 thats when I said what the
With auto and traction control off 0-60 with auto. stock (235 hp in first and second)best I have seen is 6.5 seconds.Would love to see what stage 1 does(290 hp).These are verified with a Gtech,
As turbo H mentioned they are not that fast off the line.They are geared to run over 150 mph after all.
I am just guessing but I would assume with stg1 with a little traction you should see high 5 second 0-60
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Re: 0 to 60 times Stage 1 with manual

After searching a second time in this forum, I found one answer for an automatic and its in the high 5 second range. The manual was estimated in the low 5 second range but still solid numbers.

In answer to the question of why would some want to revert a staged HHR back to origional factory specifications is because there have been a good number of problems with the Stage 1 kit reported on this forum.

Also, I understand GM has changed the stage 1 kit and it now has the connectors instead of the crimps, but I am not 100 percent sure if this is true.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

It is true. I have seen the harness.. It's legit connectors now and not just crimps.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by chevyss
After searching a second time in this forum, I found one answer for an automatic and its in the high 5 second range. The manual was estimated in the low 5 second range but still solid numbers.

In answer to the question of why would some want to revert a staged HHR back to origional factory specifications is because there have been a good number of problems with the Stage 1 kit reported on this forum.

Also, I understand GM has changed the stage 1 kit and it now has the connectors instead of the crimps, but I am not 100 percent sure if this is true.
I find it difficult to see a M/T running almost a full second faster 0-60 than an auto if they both truly have 290 hp in all gears.But it sounds like someone estimated the 0-60 mph?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 AM

If you already have the stage 1 upgrade and are not having any problems why would you want to get it reversed? If problems arise then just swap out to the better harness.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Hearse
If you already have the stage 1 upgrade and are not having any problems why would you want to get it reversed? If problems arise then just swap out to the better harness.
X2
Shouldn't the dealer fix any issues with the gmtu anyhow or is it the case where its tough to find a dealer who has experience with the upgrade.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
X2
Shouldn't the dealer fix any issues with the gmtu anyhow or is it the case where its tough to find a dealer who has experience with the upgrade.
Mechanically, nothing changed. It's just two new maps where the old maps were. It troubleshoots the same. Any dealer will be able to fit it. All it does is give the maps more boost range and then they crank up the boost (over simplified a bit but that is pretty much all it is.) No "experience" with the upgrade is need although they if I was taking it in I would mention it to them so they can note it for the tech.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by chevyss

Crate Engine Depot does this not GM. There may be others but I have only seen it on their site.

And they work great. Put one in for a member last week.

FYI; there is no Stage One Kit. That insinuates that there will be a Stage Two, and there won't. This comes from the old cobalt upgrades.

FROM GM:
#09-06-93-005: Information on Accessory Power Upgrade Kit or Performance Parts LNF Turbo Upgrade Kit - (Nov 24, 2009)
Subject: Information on Accessory Power Upgrade Kit or Performance Parts LNF Turbo Upgrade Kit

Models: 2008-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS

2007-2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP

2007-2009 Saturn SKY Red Line

All Equipped with Engine RPO LNF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Accessory Power Upgrade Kit or Performance Parts LNF Turbo Upgrade Kit (P/N 19212670) has been designed and validated by GM Engineers to retain the warranty for the specified vehicle on which it is installed. It does not void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

If the Accessory Power Upgrade Kit or Performance Parts LNF Turbo Upgrade Kit is sold and permanently installed by a GM Dealer or a GM-approved Accessory Distributor/Installer (ADI) prior to delivery of the vehicle, it will be covered under the applicable portion (Bumper-to-Bumper, Powertrain, etc.) of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. In the event this accessory is installed after vehicle delivery, or it is replaced under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, it will be covered, parts and labor, for the balance of the applicable portion of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, but in no event less than 12 months/12,000 miles.

If this accessory is installed by anyone other than a GM Dealer or a GM-approved ADI, it will be covered, parts only, for the balance of the applicable portion of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, but in no event less than 12 months/12,000 miles. Workmanship will not be covered.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 5 speed Manual 0 to 60 times