HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Stupid Question - Turbo PSI

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Stupid Question - Turbo PSI

Alright I'm new to the HHR SS (just picked my 2010 SS up on Monday, only had 37 miles).

Anyway, I have been lurking on this site for the past few days and see everyone posting that their turbo gets up to 22psi, or 19psi, etc. Do you have to install a special meter to measure this? Or is there a meter already in the car that I just haven't found yet?

Again probably a stupid question, and I apologize! lol
Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Do you have this gauge on your a pillar?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by bad03xtreme
Do you have this gauge on your a pillar?

No I don't. My A pillar has no gauges. I will go through the info screen and see if I can find it.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Do you have a display (RPD)in middle of the dash above the vents where there is a storage box on non SS's?

The DIC (display with the gauges) does not display boost on the SS.

Thread Link
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by celblazer
Do you have a display (RPD)in middle of the dash above the vents where there is a storage box on non SS's?
you either have a boost gauge in the pillar or the RPD on the center dash..... RPD is a factory option, so the SS models that don't have the RPD option will have the boost gauge on the pillar & have a storage box on the center dash. just wanted to clarify that.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by celblazer

The DIC (display with the gauges) does not display boost on the SS.

Thread Link
I have the display just like your pic. I can change the display on the right of that screen to be tire pressures, temp, barometer, and then one for coolant temp, engine fuel percentage, and inlet air temp. But I can't seem to change the main display from the speedometer. Maybe I just haven't messed around with it enough.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

It will display boost its there trust me
Old 05-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Don't expect to see 22#'s unless you have the stage one installed. Without it 15#'s is all you'll see. You should read the manual as the rpd is not user friendly and even after a year I find myself reading the manual. The radio is even worse to understand. Good luck with your SS, I'm certain you'll have a hard time getting the smirk off your face.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ckriensky
Don't expect to see 22#'s unless you have the stage one installed. Without it 15#'s is all you'll see. You should read the manual as the rpd is not user friendly and even after a year I find myself reading the manual. The radio is even worse to understand. Good luck with your SS, I'm certain you'll have a hard time getting the smirk off your face.
Yeah I wasn't expecting to see high numbers or anything. I was just curious to see if my ride actually came equipped with a boost meter or not.

I'll be busting out the manual tonight and messing around...or I may just go driving.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member

Just turn the knob and it will scroll through the different screens.Ex: Boost,cam angle,engine power etc etc. If you push the knob first then turn,it will change the current screens set up.Ex: battery volts,tire psi,inlet temp,gear selected etc.

Quick Reply: Stupid Question - Turbo PSI