HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

What to do with stock parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM

What to do with stock parts

Just some advice from many years of modifying cars. Keep all the stock parts and put them back on when you eventually sell or trade your car. At resale time your mods are worth almost nothing as far as increasing value of the car, but performance parts can be sold for 50% or more of what you paid for them in many cases (one exception being vehicle specific tune of course). Trust me on this.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM

or you can sell them for 50% of your upgrades
Old 08-29-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by c2vette
Just some advice from many years of modifying cars. Keep all the stock parts and put them back on when you eventually sell or trade your car. At resale time your mods are worth almost nothing as far as increasing value of the car, but performance parts can be sold for 50% or more of what you paid for them in many cases (one exception being vehicle specific tune of course). Trust me on this.
I agree 100%!! I was goiing to trade in my old Neon for the SS- (fully built n/a motor, longtube headers, fully redone suspension, etc) and they wanted to give me garbage for a trade. I'm currently stripping it and selling it for parts (long story, got hit by a drunk driver, got the carfixed, it wouldn't pass inspection here in CT, blahblah). So far I've made WAY more than book value on the car and have gotten near 80% on the parts I had installed in the car. I still had all the stock parts I'd taken off so those are being sold as well. Great advice c2vette!

Later
Allex