HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

What's your highway gas mileage ?

Old 04-18-2019, 07:42 AM

If its a Trifecta I believe they locked it also although I could be wrong. I use HPTuners.Best bet would be if you fine a replacement ECM put in your VIN number and install a different tune. Try this guy if you are interested, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobalt-SS-2...MAAOxydB1ShR8x

I have bought a number of them for different cars in the past. Go to the HPtuners forum and I'm sure you can find someone that will put a modified stage tune in the replacement ECM.

Just a thought.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:54 AM

If it has a Trifecta tune , it can be turned on by the traction control button or cruise control button. I have this tune and use the cruise button. When the cruise is off the tune is on.
If you see post #18 I said, "I got 19.1 mpg and average speed was 15 mph." That's on the open road with some heavy stop and go with a trip of 22 miles.
You can tell when the tune is on, I get 24/25 lbs of boost when on vs stock 14/15 lbs.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
If it has a Trifecta tune , it can be turned on by the traction control button or cruise control button. I have this tune and use the cruise button. When the cruise is off the tune is on.
If you see post #18 I said, "I got 19.1 mpg and average speed was 15 mph." That's on the open road with some heavy stop and go with a trip of 22 miles.
You can tell when the tune is on, I get 24/25 lbs of boost when on vs stock 14/15 lbs.
I've always had 21 boost that's why I was thinking this car was tuned before,and I just didnt know it.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:10 PM

Sounds like you do have one. Don't know a way to see which one you might have.
On the front support for the radiator or air box top do you have a stick on plaque that say something like GM Performance ?
Old 04-18-2019, 03:25 PM

Sounds like you do have one. Don't know a way to see which one you might have.
On the front support for the radiator or air box top do you have a stick on plaque that say something like GM Performance ?
Not that I've been able to see, trifecta tune made it drive very slow not aggressive at all I'm asking them if I put stock tune back with their flash system will it put it back to the way it was before like if for example it had a hp tune will it put it back like that or make it stock gm stage tune or base tune or what ,its very difficult for them to give a straight answer customer service is not impressive at this point, at least I have it in writing to do a chargeback and return their cable since they dont have the decency to call anybody back they like pretending were in grade school and pass 100 notes back and fourth.smh

One would think after how many years of trifecta being in business they can do a simple canned tune and a basically stock car with a cold air intake and not screw it up how much more basic can it be then that stock gm stage tune and zzp intake..
Old 04-18-2019, 03:57 PM

If you do have a Trifecta tune, turning it off gives you the stock GM tune for the car.
Also as you add modifications to the engine you can contact Trifecta and they will give you an update to install into their tune. You need a laptop and a cable to do this.
Trifecta tune will not make it drive very slow. And it is aggressive too.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
The accelerator pedal has many positions, not just on or off.
smh lmfao yea I like it on all the time lol
Old 04-18-2019, 04:10 PM

If you do have a Trifecta tune, turning it off gives you the stock GM tune for the car.
Also as you add modifications to the engine you can contact Trifecta and they will give you an update to install into their tune. You need a laptop and a cable to do this.
Trifecta tune will not make it drive very slow. And it is aggressive too.
Not on my car it's not, I just flashed back to stock and it's very aggressive and fun it wouldnt even lose traction with trifecta tune even with traction control off.. not sure what they sent me but something wasnt right..
Old 04-19-2019, 08:34 AM

So now you have a stock stage tune? What kind of boost are you seeing? When you say traction control off, do you mean in competition mode? Hit the traction control button twice? Holding it down for for ~ 10 sec's somewhat disables stability control .
Old 04-19-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
So now you have a stock stage tune? What kind of boost are you seeing? When you say traction control off, do you mean in competition mode? Hit the traction control button twice? Holding it down for for ~ 10 sec's somewhat disables stability control .
Yes back to stock stage GM tune. And I prefer to either one short touch on traction control or long press disabling tc and esc.. launch control is kinda fun but doesnt really need it as I hit any kinda boost it spools up quick and tires break loose anyways.after bringing certain laws to trifecta attention I now have a refund processing, my boost is generally 21. So no more issues on that end at least.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's your highway gas mileage ?