"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Front sway bar swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:33 PM

I installed the rear bar and loved the improvement. how much does just the front bar improve the ride??
Old 01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

Can't say, mine now has a very "balanced feel" with the leveling springs, & TTR rear bar..

I don't need a front aftermarket bar..My OE one is fine.. Maybe if I was gonna do some track racing..
But I'm not..When I really hammer mine thru curves it just hugs tightly & no noticable body roll. Very pleased with my improvements..

Guess it just depends of how wild you wanna get.. LOL.... If yours still stock height, I really think you would be surprised with the handling improvement of just 'leveling it'..

Or lowering the whole ride.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:04 PM

thanks for the help
Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 PM

As you read, some guys are happy with just the rear bar. I was not satisfied as the car just didn't have the balance I was looking for. It's very difficult to describe in words "Driver feel" as everyone has a different idea what feels right to them. If you installed the rear bar and were very happy the front bar will be the icing on the cake.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 PM

Kinda like riding around on a low tire...alot of people wouldn't notice till it was pointed out, then after airing it back up they feel the difference. Those who think they are ok need to drive one that is equipped....minds will change quickly. How can one say its ok when they never experienced it? Funny.. I hear that people who wear glasses thought the same way before trying them on...................
Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Guys- I understand your points..& if I was still a hot-footed gunner, they might make more sense for me..

But when testing mine, I pushed it harder than I EVER regularly drive & am very statisfied with the improvements..

Why is it ya think I still need more
Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Not so much what you need...its more like shooting it down before giving it a chance.
It has nothing to do with "race' " hot footed ness" or anything else other then road feel....
Alot of people who own/drove one wouldn't have it any other way...Even my 5000 lb PU is barred sprung and shocked! Oh my.... do I need to see a Handling Anonymous Therapist?????
Besides..it wasn't about you......
Old 01-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Not so much what you need...its more like shooting it down before giving it a chance. Well, I wasn't meaning to shoot it down.
Just that I don't feel the need to go any further..Are you doing a front bar on yours ??

I'm a long time motor-head.. I know when my rides plow or are loose.. But it is NOW neither.. It's very balanced to my satisfaction.. (not yours) but mine..

It has nothing to do with "race' " hot footed ness" or anything else other then road feel....I understand that point..

Alot of people who own/drove one wouldn't have it any other way...That's probably true in some cases.. Even my 5000 lb PU is barred sprung and shocked! Oh my.... do I need to see a Handling Anonymous Therapist?????
Besides..it wasn't about you......Good, cause it almost seems you have vested interest in the Co.
And no offense meant man....
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM

LOL...no interest in CO... its just after spending so many years in cars that "go" around corners Ive become biased..when you can slam a corner at 100 mph on dirt with no brakes
in traffic it tends to grow on you....there was apoint in time where my truck cornered better then alot of cars..not now..old age. And as a matter of fact, Ive been waiting for the right parts to come out to start the flat corner conversion on the SS.....
And really, it wasn't about you..it was meant to be a general statement requarding those who shoot down things before trying them...I mean, how can anybody be sure unless they try it? Ah well, I'm known for doing the same thing......
Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Guys- I understand your points..& if I was still a hot-footed gunner, they might make more sense for me..

But when testing mine, I pushed it harder than I EVER regularly drive & am very statisfied with the improvements..

Why is it ya think I still need more
You don't, each ride has it's owners feel in mind.

Quick Reply: Front sway bar swap