"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Smoke out tail lights(how to)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
The Texas DPS just sent a note to all state inspection stations stating that any vehicle with anything on the factory lens are to be rejected. They are going to be sending "bait cars" to stations to verify they are complying with state laws on tinted/painted/taped lens.
Good idea!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:59 PM

They are the only reason I haven't done mine. I did all the side markers. Here we can get a 250 ticket, so I'll pass for now. lol.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm getting the feeling we have life easy in michigan when it comes to mods. No annual inspections, things like window tint are free for all except front windows can't be tinted, although it's pretty rare that anyone gets any flack for it, unless it's really limo tinted or something. As far as I can tell, the only law we have about tail lights is they "must be clearly visible from 50ft" which is a pretty easy mark to hit.

The only time a mod as gotten me pulled over was my tinted license plate cover was too dirty to see my plate through. Cop thought it was the cover until I got out and wiped the dirt off. Didn't realize it had gotten so bad back there... He also thought my front windows were tinted because when I rolled the window down you could see a little line of dust (it was at night) similar to tint film.

Anyway, nice job on the tint!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
The Texas DPS just sent a note to all state inspection stations stating that any vehicle with anything on the factory lens are to be rejected. They are going to be sending "bait cars" to stations to verify they are complying with state laws on tinted/painted/taped lens.
Aww...MAN, THAT SUCKS!! I was just getting ready to tint mine & my girlfriends! Dangit Texas...

Your tails look good...wish I could do mine!! Guess that helps push me towards getting aftermarket tail lights.