"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Spring Install (Dial-up, enter at your own risk)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:58 PM

Just curious prior to the install what kind of Supension did you have? Touring or Sport?
Old 02-26-2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Just curious prior to the install what kind of Supension did you have? Touring or Sport?
Whatever the 2LT came with? Another words, I'm not sure... I'll check my window sticker later...

Ng
Old 02-26-2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by ng8650

The road test will come this week. I work Tuesday through Sunday 70 miles roundtrip. I'll let you know in a couple of days how it rides. Also next Monday I'll take it to the alignment shop and let you know how much, if any, the alignment was out. Later...

The End
Ng
My black 2LT is jealous!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 AM

Great Job Ng - my black 2LT is happy for it is only a week or so until I do mine, and your "How To" was excellent. Thanks for sharing! Ride looks really good! I didn't check to see if someone answered your question, but I believe you probably have the sport tune suspension which comes with the prefered package!
Old 02-27-2006, 03:19 PM

Would you please provide me with the measurment between the bottom of the front valance and the ground?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by RDosdorian
Would you please provide me with the measurment between the bottom of the front valance and the ground?
Most lowered HHR's won't have any issues scraping the valance. But, you will want to "ease up" on every cement parking stop you come to! I haven't had any problems with the valance scraping the ground. Today I went over some GIGANTIC speed bumps very slowly and my sidepipes scraped a bit - never anything from up front though. (*Keep in mind, my HHR is lowered + running boards + sidepipes! I only have 3" clearance under my pipes.)
Old 02-27-2006, 03:33 PM

This is going to sound absolutely insane, but the reason for the measurment request is... I am a fanatic about driving a clean car. But, time isn't always on my side. So, I frequent a specific car wash in the area. I must have at least 4-5/8" clearance or I will not fit through the car wash.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:38 PM

This is going to sound absolutely insane, but the reason for the measurment request is... I am a fanatic about driving a clean car. But, time isn't always on my side. So, I frequent a specific car wash in the area. I must have at least 4-5/8" clearance or I will not fit through the car wash.
I won't be able to measure it for a couple of days. My car is parked outside and it's starting to rain down here in SoCal (weatherman says were going to get rain for a couple of days). Plus I go back to work tomorrow.

*SoCal...can you hook him up?

Ng
Old 02-27-2006, 03:48 PM

Sure, no prob. I just measured; it's 5-inches dead even from the ground to the botton of the valance. *This is with the Gold-Line springs. Before adding the sidepipes, I had 5-1/2 inches of clearance on each side from the bottom of the running boards to the deck. You should be good to go - but I would still "ease up" to the car wash apparatus.

CAR WASH? You guys are brutal on your HHR's!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Sure, no prob. I just measured; it's 5-inches dead even from the ground to the botton of the valance. *This is with the Gold-Line springs. Before adding the sidepipes, I had 5-1/2 inches of clearance on each side from the bottom of the running boards to the deck. You should be good to go - but I would still "ease up" to the car wash apparatus.

CAR WASH? You guys are brutal on your HHR's!!!
Unfortunately, some of us have to deal with snow and states that love salt..hence car washes that do the undercarriage...of course it did get into the 40's there in SoCal... and some hail? Yes, it is brutal in more ways than one...and it leaves no choice sometimes...

Quick Reply: Spring Install (Dial-up, enter at your own risk)