Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Finally! I put a deposit on an HHR LT2. It may have an issue? Why didn't I ask here?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I can't tell for certain but it looks like this might have the premium Pioneer seven speaker system

That appears to be the Pioneer an woofer or seventh spear on the lady interior panel

And look at the plugs on the rear hatch there were the spoiler mounts that looks factory, not aftermarket.

Last edited by Oldblue; 01-07-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: House keeping
Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Technical Moderator

I finally moved this thread to introductions.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I can't tell for certain but it looks like this might have the premium Pioneer seven speaker system

That appears to be the Pioneer an woofer or seventh spear on the lady interior panel

And look at the plugs on the rear hatch there were the spoiler mounts that looks factory, not aftermarket.

Good Observations Blue,

This Has to be the "Mystery Model HHR".

I just went out and looked at my 2010 1LT to check out the rear speaker location on the Drivers side.
It has a Round Flat Blank Solid Plug.
It has the US8 radio.

I have had several 2LT's with the standard US8 Radio with Premium UQ3 speaker enhancement and the radio in the dash looked the same as the one in my 2010 1LT.
There was an upgrade with the USB connector outlet. That was the UUI but the head looked the same.
So the radio showing in this HHR does not reveal what model HHR.

I agree that there is a Plastic side grill in the rear location which would indicate it has the Premium radio package. Maybe it was installed later by one of the owners.
The other puzzle I just noticed is that on the Rear Hatch of this HHR the plate that the gold bow tie sits on is Chrome. The plate on my stock 1 LT is painted the body color
That is only put on at the factory when the Chrome Appearance Package is ordered. The car does not have any other chrome on it including the wheel covers.
The Satin grill is standard on the LS and the 1LT so the grill looks Satin to me.

I an tending to agree more with you.

Enjoy the ride .....

SF
Old 01-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Administrator

It's an '08 so the USB port wasn't available yet, that started in 2009 radios
I'm having a look at the mirrors on the doors in the front shot and this view are they body clout or chrome??

Compared to the painted door handles , it could be just frost and dirt or a grainy crappie cell phone photo!!
Old 01-07-2017, 01:04 PM

The Metallic Silver color does make it a little harder to tell but to my eye they are painted the body color.
When you have looked at as many classified adds on E Bay, Car Gurus, and Craigs list as I have it is easier to tell when they are chrome.

It really does look like a clean car for it's age and mileage.

We have not heard back from the OP on checking the glove box option codes given out.
As for me however, I would check out the Vin number issue for sure as George mentioned in an earlier post.
Something there does not Jive.

SF
Old 01-07-2017, 02:12 PM

Old 01-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member

Hmm. Didn't one of those special Spring or Fall edition HHR's (or whatever they're called) have the color matched door handles and SS spoiler ?

I'm still intrigued by the question of "What is it ?"
Sure wish the OP could get back with some info.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:27 PM

A lot of times dealer web pages just rewrite over the last similar car they sold... often missing some critical changes. Possibly even the VIN.

By the way, that is a larger chrome tip on the exhaust... It's just dirty and bad lighting.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
A lot of times dealer web pages just rewrite over the last similar car they sold... often missing some critical changes. Possibly even the VIN.

By the way, that is a larger chrome tip on the exhaust... It's just dirty and bad lighting.
Greybeard,

Now that you bring that up again I took another very close look and I think I can faintly see the outline of the 2.4L chrome tip.

I also agree with your description of the car listings on all different sites.
I find many that are wrong and missing items.
I can see where the vin number could be one of those casualties as well.

With the 2.4L back in the equation that still leaves it as a 1LT to me.
If it had the 17"wheels it would swing me to a 2LT.

SF
Old 01-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Technical Moderator

Like I said twice before the VIN indicates an LS with a 2.4L and 5 speed. I'm guessing fleet order.

If I recall the only way to get a 5 speed was to get an LS then option up till it is a 2LT, this one seems to have everything except the sunroof. We don't know if the driver seat is electric. Anybody can buy an LT badge.

Or was it get a 2LT with a downgrade LS package? But then it would have a sunroof.

Quick Reply: Finally! I put a deposit on an HHR LT2. It may have an issue? Why didn't I ask here?