Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hello from Southeast TN

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 AM

Hello from Southeast TN

Hello, my name is Darren and I live in Athens, TN. I purchased my 09' Imperial Blue Metallic HHR LT last Thursday Apr. 16. Coming up on a week of ownership now and I just love it!

It was time to trade for a new daily driver,,, my poor old 92' Infiniti G20 had seen better days. In its defense, it did have 213K and many fine years of service for me but it was starting to require more and more maintenance that just wasn't worth it anymore.

I have to be honest I never thought too highly of the HHR before but when I began reviewing choices for my new vehicle the HHR kept popping up as a suggestion to my desired features / options. I gave in and went and test drove one. I was very surprised with the smooth ride and roominess of the HHR... I was sold.

I'm a member of another forum / car club called "Crossfire International Car Club Incorporated or "CICCI" which currently has 301 Chrysler Crossfire owners involved. We have a strong group of members who provide lots of feedback and information on every topic imaginable and after looking over this forum I feel it's very similar. I can't think of a better resource than a forum. We own and drive the cars so when there's a question or problem who are you going to trust? I for one trust the people who drive the vehicle in question a lot more than someone who's "brothers wife's uncles friend who use to work on cars on the side ...".

That's my story and my $0.02
Old 04-21-2010, 10:09 AM

Welcome! I'll get you added to the TN members map, too.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:45 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 15
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! So what color Crossfire do you have? Sadly, I traded mine in for my first HHR:

Old 04-21-2010, 11:44 AM

Welcome!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:44 AM

Thanks Tim, I noticed your Dragon trip coming up. We (CICCI / CrossfireForum.org) just had our spring run up the Dragon this past weekend. I didn't attend this time due to the rockslide but the guys who went tried some different routes and still had a lot of fun. We meet up at Fontana Dam every spring and fall for a 3 day event. We have members from all over the country show up to try their luck at "Taming the Dragon".

My Crossfire is an Alabaster Roadster... love it! Hate you got rid of yours, but I believe you traded for a good, dependable vehicle. After we had our son last fall, everyone assumed we would be trading ours as well... not quite. That's mom and dad's getaway car

Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome Darren-

Good to see another member from TN
Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenMc
my poor old 92' Infiniti G20 had seen better days. In its defense, it did have 213K and many fine years of service for me but it was starting to require more and more maintenance that just wasn't worth it anymore.
Seems we have very similar taste in vehicles. Just noticed you had a G20 as well. Funny because I had one of those too. However, mine was a '99. It was a great car But left the stable when we got our Crossfire.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Seems we have very similar taste in vehicles. Just noticed you had a G20 as well. Funny because I had one of those too. However, mine was a '99. It was a great car But left the stable when we got our Crossfire.
That is hilarious! Perhaps the old "Great minds think alike"?

You don't have an Xterra in your current or past collection do you? I have an 03' SE 4x4 that I'm about to put up for sale as well. We trade way too often at my house.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by DarrenMc
You don't have an Xterra in your current or past collection do you? I have an 03' SE 4x4 that I'm about to put up for sale as well. We trade way too often at my house.
Nope, but we did look at them Had a Rav4 instead. We have a habit of trading very often as well.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 AM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 17
Size:  38.2 KB

Quick Reply: Hello from Southeast TN