Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

HHR owner wannabe

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Premium Member

Cars are priced too high where I live too. I walked out on the negotiations 3 times it took 3 weeks it saved 3k I would have been broken hearted if I would have lost the car aqua blue SS's are a little rare but I didn't know that yet. Just saying you'll never know if you don't say no a few times I was pleasantly surprised at their last offer I took it.

Here is one nowhttps://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34360 this one has those things
Old 03-06-2011, 10:58 AM

I appreciate all the help guys...At least I have some ammunition when I go for a test drive. Thank You...
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Cars are priced too high where I live too. I walked out on the negotiations 3 times it took 3 weeks it saved 3k I would have been broken hearted if I would have lost the car aqua blue SS's are a little rare but I didn't know that yet. Just saying you'll never know if you don't say no a few times I was pleasantly surprised at their last offer I took it.

Here is one nowhttps://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34360 this one has those things
He just sent me a PM
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Banned

No problem bud. It's what we're here for.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Thisstrangeengine
Here are some others at a larger dealer here in Pa. Check the prices!
Really not sure if it's a geographical thing or just popular vehicle.
http://www.bergeys.com/used-inventor...SBstockNumber=
I checked out your link...... I see what you mean by the prices, but those are all much newer as well. The one you want is an '06 and not certified. Also big dealers like that will charge more..... sometimes they even get it.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Welcome to the site.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Hey, I saw your post in the question thread.

Hola! I am right outside of douglassville, readners market area. :)

Just to let ya know I had to drive to OH for my SS, to find what I wanted. Don't settle because it is what you can find locally. Look in a larger radius for some reason dealers around here charge crazy stupid prices. If Masano's said no just walk and keep looking, I got my SS for 16.5 with 12k on it.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Rest In Peace

Ahhh I started out My introduction last year in June the same way "HHR Panel WANNABE Owner(Black)"

And one month later on July 13th I bought my Black Panel.

I say get a Panel ! You can Add a rear seat Easily.

I watched the one I bought and for several months the dealer had it listed and would drop the asking price by $500.00 every other week.

A 2008 2LT 2.4 Black Panel with the Options I wanted. (I did NOT want a sun/moonroof on mine)

Parts break on them and eventually they leak, had them on other cars and never really liked them much. Rather have the extra head room.

Mine had 19,077 miles on it and got it for 12G.

Keep in mind, You are at the Advantage if you play your cards right.

The HHR has BAD resale value, it's just a fact. The Dealer does Not want you to know this of course, so be prepared, print out Good Deals and low priced ones from your area, look on craigs list dealers post there.

Do not be so in love with the car that your not willing to walk Out of the dealer if they start playing the BS numbers games on you.

GET financed on your own, Before you walk into the dealer.

I got my own and had a blank check mailed to me the next day (a set high amount I could write it for of course) but was plenty to go look at others if needed. Applied online with Capital One.

I also traded in my 2000 Chevy Astro Van, they offered 2000.00, I laughed and said NO. They came back and offered me $4000.00 knowing I wasnt fooling around and would walk out on them. (I only really wanted $2,500.00 for it. ) I ended up only financing about 7,500.00 after taxes license and fees.
Paying it off ahead of my planned 1 year pay off. (Loan was for 3 years)

So be armed with Facts, let them know you know the HHR's have Bad resale value and you won't be suckered, get finaning on your own ahead of time, and they cant screw you in their finance department like they normally do.

Remember the Asking price is just that, a ASKING price, make a LOW offer, like 2g's less and go from there.

My 2000 Astro was clean, but also had about 100,000 mile on it and they came back and Doubled there first trade in offer on it.

Just be prepared to walk out on the dealer once they Know that you will walk out, they tend to work a better deal.

Oh ya, they only had 1 remote for it, after we made our deal, I then INSISTED they give me a second remote, they got me one, and reprogrammed it for the car while they filled out the paperwork.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 PM

take your time, shop around, do some research, there's alot of nice HHR's out there for sale. When you find the right one, you will know.
Good luck, happy hunting,
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the advice on the HHR. It's been a while since buying a car so this is helpful to me before walking into any dealership. I LIKE this particular one compared to the other ones I see around here, so may go look.
Hey Sunflowerhippi, I shop there all the time. About 5 minutes from there. Small world.
I saw another member on here from another forum I've been on. Feel like I belong here.

Quick Reply: HHR owner wannabe