Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Hi

I am new here & to HHR's. I've never really been "into" small cars but I needed something better on gas when l switched jobs & went from a 5 minute walk to a 40minute drive. I remembered seeing an article in a magazine when they came out but never really paid attention to them. When l went online to look for a car l somehow came across the 08 HHR LT Panel l now own. l bought it in Dec. with only 28600km on it, it looks,drives, & smells like new. After a 7hr drive home (from where l bought it) & waves & from fellow HHR owners l started to realize this wasn't going to be just a daily driver & tool hauler. After some research l was disappointed to find out the HHR was discontinued because l really enjoy driving this car. My plans now are, daily driver with some mods (wheels,exhaust,air intake,flame pinstriping) for next 4 or 5 years, then a new daily driver & then more extensive mods for the HHR.
I'm happy there is a site like this because l'm sure l'll have a few questions for the more experienced HHR onwers. Sorry for being long winded but l am excited about my new (to me) car and with the great gas milage so l can do alot more cruzn!

P.s. I only know of 4 other HHR's on the island & mine is the only panel.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Deceased

to the forum!

Don't worry about being long winded, its always nice to hear the reasons why folks picked up their HHR's.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the site. Panels rule....
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:21 PM

Welcome! Ive been to the big island a couple times, beautiful land up there for a summer drive.
Feel free to post pics to your gallery if you are able.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 AM

WELCOME from Michigan

There are some really sharp guys on this forum and I have been helped alot.
I love my 3-window panel better that any car I have owned. Fun to drive and easy to customize.

Boydie

Originally Posted by Islandcruzn
I am new here & to HHR's. I've never really been "into" small cars but I needed something better on gas when l switched jobs & went from a 5 minute walk to a 40minute drive. I remembered seeing an article in a magazine when they came out but never really paid attention to them. When l went online to look for a car l somehow came across the 08 HHR LT Panel l now own. l bought it in Dec. with only 28600km on it, it looks,drives, & smells like new. After a 7hr drive home (from where l bought it) & waves & from fellow HHR owners l started to realize this wasn't going to be just a daily driver & tool hauler. After some research l was disappointed to find out the HHR was discontinued because l really enjoy driving this car. My plans now are, daily driver with some mods (wheels,exhaust,air intake,flame pinstriping) for next 4 or 5 years, then a new daily driver & then more extensive mods for the HHR.
I'm happy there is a site like this because l'm sure l'll have a few questions for the more experienced HHR onwers. Sorry for being long winded but l am excited about my new (to me) car and with the great gas milage so l can do alot more cruzn!

P.s. I only know of 4 other HHR's on the island & mine is the only panel.
Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I don't have any pics yet but the snow is finally melting here & l'll be able to clean up the car & take some pics.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 AM

Hello!

I like how you mentioned it never paid attention to it. Same here. Unlike you, I have researched compacts thoroughly before buying my Fit in 2006. The HHR was never in the comparisons I read before choosing the Fit.

This car was just not publicized the way it deserves. I just got mine 2 Saturdays ago! I'm loving it a lot. I'm sure you are too.