Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 PM

Introductions

Just got my HHR 3 weeks ago (and some idiot already hit me...)

Its a black '07 LS, Automatic with 50k miles. with a spoiler window guards and molded mud flaps, came with snows on the stock rims and a set of enkei summer rims. I don't thinks its of any special edition.

I am 31 years old, live in NH and work at a large automotive dealership (4 dealerships actually with 9 brands... Chevrolet/Cadillac, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, Volvo/Volkswagen, and Nissan)

I work in the Internet department taking website photos, writing descriptions, etc. I have been in and tested about 1000 vehicles a year, and have personally owned about 2 dozen of various shapes and sizes.

we do still have a red 5 speed panel HHR in case anyone wants some info...

i intend to do some slight modification mostly to the interior (need some cup holders that don't tick me off, a "@#$%&* bar" for my lady...she insists, a modified armrest console, floor mats, Stereo, and an extra trunk panel)

There is a salvage yard near me that have a few so ill be picking and pulling. i hope to maybe get some running boards, a visor and roof rack if handy.

I decided on this HHR when my Toyota matrix died. as it is a 4 door wagon capable of holding my 2 kids and my large dog.

at first i didn't care for the styling (and I've driven my share of the horrible PT cruiser at my job) but when I was tasked with taking the pictures for the website, I grew attached and found she handles nicely and I've been averaging 29-31 mpg.

I have named her the ""Butter-Face""

I have some customizing experience with my past vehicles (have owned about 24 total) and my other love is the '97 Subaru Alcyone SVX (have had 4)

I will be frequenting the site for some nice subtle modification ideas and possibly get involved in some group buys if there are any for brushed steel rear bowties (they all seem to get ugly quick) or when someone is parting one out.

I really enjoy this vehicle enough to give it the attention my SVX's Get and decided to get another if anything ever happens to it.

Name:  DSC08266.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  35.1 KB
Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome & Congrats on the new ride..
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 PM

thanks, it looks like this is a good forum (I belong to a few others).

I was suprised there was no New England area group... so I made one.

now i just need to find some good HHR apparel
Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 PM

Welcome & enjoy the ride!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 PM

can anyone tell me how to set up my avatar?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

avatars, can only be added if you are a Premium member.. That's the rules..
But you can add something you like in your signature, including an appropriate sized pic..

HHR apparel: Look in the "Supporting vendors" section..

Edit: Bummer about your HHR getting bumped already
Old 01-21-2012, 10:15 PM

ok, ill probly spring for the membership so I get a stylish sticker
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 PM

The "bump" really added insult to injury. I had totaled my Toyota Matrix at the JFK airport in NYC and had to drive 450 miles home without a front bumper or hood and a broken windshield (got lots of looks and i half expect to end up on failblog)

I was driving the HHR to the town hall to get registered (still had the paper plate on it) and while i was stopped at the light about a mile from where i was going, some jerk in a Trailblazer plowed the Jeep Cherokee next to me from behind and deflected off of him and grazed my drivers side bumper (ahead of the wheel). he hit with enough force to be propelled across the intersection before he could stop. The local fire cief was in another lane and saw the whole thing. it is going to be covered by their insurance.

unless i point it out its hard to notice but theres some scuffage, the plastic in the fender is a bit deformed, and theres a little space now around my headlight where the bumper shifted slightly.

....so much for the clean carfax.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 PM

incase anyone was curious...

Name:  matrix.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  90.2 KB

...the windshield was spiderwebbed too on driver's side from when the hood flew up, but you cant really tell.

drivers headlight made it about 150 miles without a lens

battery had a hole in it.

oddly enough...no warning lights or fluid leaks. If it hadn't been for the windshield, from the inside you'd never had known... drove just fine and the lack of parts probly added to my MPG :P
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Deceased

to the forum kuroneko_sama, and congrats on you new ride!

Sorry you joined the "bumped, bashed, and crashed" club so soon, we've had a rash of accidents lately, for some reason they aren't obeying the "rule of 3's".

I seem to have started this latest wave of boo boo's when a drunk driver clobbered me on December 23rd, it can stop anytime now, too many members are getting to know their local body shops.

Quick Reply: Introductions