Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New GAL From Union County, NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:40 PM

New GAL From Union County, NC

Hey guys. I'm a newbie from Union Co, NC. My name is Carrie and I just purchased a 2010 HHR LT and she's gorgeous and makes me very happy. I fell in love with these back in 2007 when I first test drove one and I kept saying my next car would be one of these. However, my abusive ex-husband continually said no. I am now getting my life together and this is a symbol of my independence and my new life as I have what I consider to be my dream car. :) I have pix of her up in the gallery and am doing little mods here and there (nothing major just yet) but she's a beauty and makes me smile.

I'm a single mommy to two gorgeous girls who ALSO love this car. I've taught them to be little gear heads and we go to car shows and cruise-ins when we can.

I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to working on cars but I'm learning, I'm a smart cookie and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I'm looking forward to learning a LOT and getting to know y'all. :)

Carrie
Old 10-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Let me be the first to welcome you , Nice ride , Lots of great people on this site with lots of info.
Good luck with your new life . HHR = Her Hot Rod = Sweet !

Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM

Welcome to the site, good looking ride.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 PM

Smile Welcome Aboard

Hi Carrie, It's good to have you in this forum. It's a great place to learn and have some fun too. HHR's are sooooo coooool! You've got a nice ride there. Very pretty. I also wanted one of these ever since I first saw one back in '06. Had to wait for the right time to buy one and finally did it this year. I'm not the least bit sorry, it was well worth the wait. I call mine my "Wild Cherry" It's crystal red with all black leather interior. I love driving it every day. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I and others here enjoy ours. Have fun with it. Once again Welcome!

J.J.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Welcome & great choice on the hood vents as first mod! Mine too - I like that look on our black LT's. See you on the boards.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:09 PM

Welcome!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Deceased

Sweet ride there Carrie! We also have a black HHR, its the 2006 in our fleet known as the Spousemobile, yup they all have names.

So glad that Brad and Sindy got you fixed up, I know the problems you had getting on the site had you frustrated to no end.

Its takes a lot of courage and strength to start your life over, we all wish you the best of luck in the future.

Now since you're from Monroe NC, any interest in a Carolina members get together in the spring, possibly in Charlotte at the speedway?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 AM

Cool

Welcome.....
Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Thanks y'all for the welcomes and the compliments on my ride .... I'm still working on a name for her. I'm a professional singer (but work customer service full time cuz ... well ... I like to feed and clothe my children!) and my personalized tag is on the way .... :LVS2SNG: . Suggestions??

843, would LOOOOVE a get together at the speedway in the spring. That would be LOTS of fun!! (and give me time to maybe do an extra mod or two by then!).
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Deceased

Hmmm, a name for your HHR.

Two things spring to mind Carrie, Courage and Persistence, you had and have the courage to start your life over...and the persistence to make it happen.

I'll add you to the list of folks who are on board for a Carolina meetup, its gathering some momentum.

Quick Reply: New GAL From Union County, NC