Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New to HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 PM

New to HHR

Hello, I purchased a 2008 HHR LS 5 speed a couple of months ago and figured I better get on a forum to help deal with the issues I will be having
It's not the car really I just do all of my own maintenance and repair work and these online forums are a great way to share knowledge.
My wife dislikes my HHR and I must admit that I do not find it aesthetically appealing but it's good on gas(I just avged 38mpg on a trek from southeast Texas to Idaho and back!) and is great for hauling/utility purposes(I actually slept in the back on a memory foam mattress on the Idaho trip) and is comfortable to drive long distances.
Issues I've had so far: warped brake rotors, broken air filter bracket, intermitant speaker failures, long crank times(i'm still working on that!), but the thing I dislike more than anything else about the HHR is the console mounted window switches! Other than that, I love my HHR.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

Yeah. Nothing like buying a used 5 year old car and then in your 1st post complaining about it.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome-

I am still very much enjoying my '08 Panel...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Deceased

to the forum, hopefully we can help you love your HHR more.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Welcome to the site.

Yeah. Nothing like buying a used 5 year old car and then in your 1st post complaining about it.
Touche! Thanks for the welcome in spite of my complaining
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jpoole
My wife dislikes my HHR and I must admit that I do not find it aesthetically appealing ............ Other than that, I love my HHR.

Do some searching on here for some of the issues you mentioned.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, use the search window for posts about your issues
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 AM

Welcome from Michigan

jpoole

You say you dislike the looks of your HHR but those looks are the reason I (and many of us) purchased our HHRs. Nothing on the road looks quite like it and most cars all look the same to me, foreign and domestic. I can't tell most cars apart on the road, especially ricers. I bought my '08 Panel used and haven't had an issue yet (knock on wood).

You didn't say how many miles on your 5 year old HHR but warped rotors are common issues for cars.

No one likes the location of the window buttons and some change it.

Boydie

Hello, I purchased a 2008 HHR LS 5 speed a couple of months ago and figured I better get on a forum to help deal with the issues I will be having
It's not the car really I just do all of my own maintenance and repair work and these online forums are a great way to share knowledge.
My wife dislikes my HHR and I must admit that I do not find it aesthetically appealing but it's good on gas(I just avged 38mpg on a trek from southeast Texas to Idaho and back!) and is great for hauling/utility purposes(I actually slept in the back on a memory foam mattress on the Idaho trip) and is comfortable to drive long distances.
Issues I've had so far: warped brake rotors, broken air filter bracket, intermitant speaker failures, long crank times(i'm still working on that!), but the thing I dislike more than anything else about the HHR is the console mounted window switches! Other than that, I love my HHR.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Boydie
jpoole

You say you dislike the looks of your HHR but those looks are the reason I (and many of us) purchased our HHRs. Nothing on the road looks quite like it and most cars all look the same to me, foreign and domestic. I can't tell most cars apart on the road, especially ricers. I bought my '08 Panel used and haven't had an issue yet (knock on wood).

You didn't say how many miles on your 5 year old HHR but warped rotors are common issues for cars.

No one likes the location of the window buttons and some change it.

Boydie

I bought it with 39k miles and I knew the rotors warped easily after my lengthy lurking. Your panel looks awesome! I love those wheel covers!
I really like this front end too but it's kinda pricey

http://www.limboland.net/Merchant2/m...roduct_Count=5

If I do any mod it will be relocating those switches! Thanks for the tip I will search around for that
Old 08-26-2013, 11:10 AM

Wow that's a nice front end but as you said, pricey.

There is a post on this forum that goes through changing the window switches (actually removing the surround and making a custom surround if you can find it.)

I would like to mount them in the doors where they should be.

Boydie

I bought it with 39k miles and I knew the rotors warped easily after my lengthy lurking. Your panel looks awesome! I love those wheel covers!
I really like this front end too but it's kinda pricey

http://www.limboland.net/Merchant2/m...roduct_Count=5

If I do any mod it will be relocating those switches! Thanks for the tip I will search around for that