Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 07:04 PM

Hey everyone. I'm a new member here but have owned an 08 HHR SS for about 2 years now and have frequently used this forum to figure out some problems I've had and it has been very helpful as many of my problems have already been addressed here. I've finally gotten tired of intermittent CEL's and no boost situations, so I've sprung for an engine(ldk from ZZP), fuel injection (ZZP ldk), intake manifold(turbo tech), intercooler(Hahn), turbo(rpm Motorsports upgraded), downpipe(ZZP), and clutch/flywheel(ZZP stage 2+) swap. March 16 it all begins. However I have been searching for a full aluminum radiator and can't really find anything that fits besides the cooling wizard part, but not really wanting to pay $600 for it. If anyone knows of a good radiator that will fit an HHR, please leave a message and let me know. Otherwise, thanks for having me. Will post pics and numbers after swap on a different thread. Thanks again
Old 03-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard!! I only remember the wizard rad . You could check Be Cool , but I’m not familiar with their product line.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the info sir. I'll check be cool, forgot about them.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:44 PM

Just checked be cool. Unfortunately the only aluminum they offer is for a Vette. Trying to keep things as cool as possible, especially with boost PSI going up. Maybe the new intercooler will do it by itself (fingers crossed).
Old 03-09-2020, 07:55 PM
Administrator

The OEM SS rad isn’t anything different from the LS/LT rad, so you might be best to simply replace the 12 year old rad with a new one.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:11 PM

Very true and I have thought of that, but was keeping as a last resort option. Think that's where I'm at though short of spending an absurd amount of money on the wizard rad. Thanks blue, and congrats on the new purchase!
On another note, has anyone figured a way to lower the driver's seat in these things? I'm not a very big guy, but my hat scrapes the head liner. Looked at the design of it and the only solution I've come up with so far is removing foam material from the seat or going race seat/bracket. Not too keen on either as this is my daily and don't really want to sacrifice bottom comfort, avg. commute is about an hour to hour and a half, depending on where I'm working. I'm an ironworker and travel to many different jobs every year. Anyone have a good fix for this?
​​​​
Old 03-09-2020, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome..
Old 03-09-2020, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Our member , firemangeorge has a how to in lower the seat , I’m 6’5” and don’t have a headroom problem, but in an HHR with a sunroof, I don’t fit!

Old 03-09-2020, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the redirect blue, you are a true gentleman. I'm only 5'9, but with the power seat and sunroof combo, that's probably why it's tight. Will check out that link, thanks again.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:03 PM

Yeah, was thinking maybe just getting a race seat slider to hook to the stock seat so it can drop to the floor. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Quick Reply: New member