The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

# 1 album - and it is not slayer !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 PM

# 1 album - and it is not slayer !!!

Bob Dylan earns first No. 1 album since 1976 By Katie Hasty
Wed Sep 6, 2:18 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - For the first time in 30 years, Bob Dylan topped the U.S. album charts Wednesday with "Modern Times," his third consecutive top-10 studio set.

The Columbia Records release sold 192,000 copies in the week ended September 3, according to Nielsen SoundScan data.

Not only is it the legendary songwriter's first album to reach the throne since "Desire" in 1976, it's also his highest debuting album and his best sales week since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking data in 1991.

Dylan's previous album, 2001's "Love & Theft" opened at No. 5 with 133,760 copies. Before that, he peaked at No. 10 with 1997's "Time Out of Mind," which opened with 101,600 units. Aside from "Desire" and "Modern Times," only two other Dylan albums assumed the plateau on the chart: 1974's "Planet Waves" and 1975's "Blood on the Tracks."

After crowning The Billboard 200 last week, MTV girl-band Danity Kane slipped to No. 2 with 117,000 copies, a sales hit of 50 percent.

Young Dro's major label debut, "Best Thang Smokin'," bowed at No. 3 with 104,000 copies. With help from his smash hit "Shoulder Lean" (featuring T.I.), the Grand Hustle/Atlantic release also overtook OutKast's soundtrack to "Idlewild" (LaFace) at No. 1 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Christina Aguilera's former chart-topper "Back to Basics" (RCA) fell one to No. 4 on the Billboard 200, with 101,000 copies. .
Old 09-06-2006, 10:55 PM

That's cool. He really tours a lot. Too much I'd say. How'd he find time to make an album that really charted? Go Bob!

I really thought he was brought under control and good direction within the Traveling Wilburys.
I have the SACD of Desire. Still my favorite.

I think a lot of one's favorites are the records you find in your mid teens. Many of my favs are from the Desire era. Except when I went folky in the Eighties and found a number of nonpop musicions that are real good.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Banned

I saw his ipod ad. He just played here. A couple of my buddies went to see him the other night.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:11 PM

Yeah, he really moves from town to town like an old Blues guy.
He is driven. He does not NEED to tour, yet he "needs" to tour. It completes him somehow.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
That's cool. He really tours a lot. Too much I'd say. How'd he find time to make an album that really charted? Go Bob!

I really thought he was brought under control and good direction within the Traveling Wilburys.
I have the SACD of Desire. Still my favorite.

I think a lot of one's favorites are the records you find in your mid teens. Many of my favs are from the Desire era. Except when I went folky in the Eighties and found a number of nonpop musicions that are real good.
I have been fortuanate enough to see him a few times . Desire is one of my favorite albums. Emmylou Harris sings on several song on that album .They sound great together . I always wanted them to do more songs but no such luck. Speaking of the Wilburys . i saw Dylan and Tom Petty together right before the Wilburys were put together. Obviously they were great together !
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I saw his ipod ad. He just played here. A couple of my buddies went to see him the other night.
Did your friends see a ggod show. With Dylan , the fact that he does tour so much, sometimes his shows suffer from time to time ,SORRY ABOUT THE SLAYER DIG, JUST A JOKE !. This fall Dylan is starting some indoor arena dates. The Foo Fighters and The Rancateours (with Jack White of The White Stripes )are among some of the band s opening for him.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by DYLANSHHR
Did your friends see a ggod show. With Dylan , the fact that he does tour so much, sometimes his shows suffer from time to time ,SORRY ABOUT THE SLAYER DIG, JUST A JOKE !. This fall Dylan is starting some indoor arena dates. The Foo Fighters and The Rancateours (with Jack White of The White Stripes )are among some of the band s opening for him.
the foo fighters are a great band, good in concert

as far as dylan no.1 thats cool , id rather it be someone like him as opposed to pop crap or someone who cant even tune a guitar
Old 09-07-2006, 01:11 PM

In the #1 slot on the CD changer in the HHR too! He'll be Rollin and Tumblin there untill Sept 19th...sorry Bob you'll be replaced by Diana Krall...Her new CD "From This Moment On" is released then...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 PM

....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes -- or check this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

Old 05-06-2008, 11:58 PM

WOW!

Talk about resurrecting a thread from the vault! LOL

Looks like it might be spam though.........