The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

American Chopper 06/12/06

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 02:05 PM

Would have been better if the '54 had been a junker that they redone... Not that survivor...
Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 PM

I missed "Monster" was it the '54 built by the old school guys?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:48 PM

did you know that occ was only open about 2 months before the show acctually aired and were basically unknown in the bike world till the show!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:58 PM

'54 Ford wagon chopped and dropped using the old guy/new guy technique. They sure went out with a bang!

06' don't ya need a job and some money first? And besides, aren't you saving for a PT Loser, er, I mean an HHR?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:05 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
06' don't ya need a job and some money first? And besides, aren't you saving for a PT Loser, er, I mean an HHR?
If he keeps his grades up, mommy and daddy just might buy something for him.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:30 PM

OCC opened in 1999 and the show debuted several years later. I think what you're thinking about is that the show aired several months after they moved into their current facility, but that was about 2 years ago. Here's one link that says when they started and a link to their official site. Also, they are planning on a new facility that should be done later this year or early next year and plan on having a 70,000-square-foot building which will include a retail store, garage with public viewing area, film-shooting facility and corporate offices. It'll be where the company will do most of its bike work and where the Discovery Channel show "American Choppers" will be filmed. You can read more about that here.

I love this show and watch it all the time. Those guys are a hoot...get a little out of hand on occasion, but for the most part it's all in fun. The bikes they turn out are fantastic and they do alot of projects that are for a good cause. Look forward to watching this show for years to come.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
did you know that occ was only open about 2 months before the show acctually aired and were basically unknown in the bike world till the show!!!
Dunno what you're on about but, They'd been open for some while before the show... I used to see their bikes in magazines before they had the show.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:46 PM

Hahaha funny guys its hard being a minor , all the jobs i can gt are at Publix or Mickyd's which i dont what to do . Most of the jobs you have to be 18 to work there so i have to wait another year since i am almost 17 now. Thats right Good Grades and taking car of your parents cars pays off, lol.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Um, Wrong thread much? And what is Publix?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
Hahaha funny guys its hard being a minor , all the jobs i can gt are at Publix or Mickyd's which i dont what to do . Most of the jobs you have to be 18 to work there so i have to wait another year since i am almost 17 now. Thats right Good Grades and taking car of your parents cars pays off, lol.
I am going to be as nice as I possibly can. There is nothing wrong with working at McDonalds or any other fast food joint like that. It's not about money...it's about learning to be responsible and the beginning of a journey through life. I'm sure most of the other members have work jobs they didn't really want to...I know I have...and it's not anything to be ashamed of or thumb your nose at. Good grades...well obviously they aren't in spelling or english, which definitely could use some improvement.

Enough said. If you want to ramble...please take it to the lounge and keep the rest of the threads on topic. Thank you.

Quick Reply: American Chopper 06/12/06