The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Another GM for the stable!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 PM

Another GM for the stable!

Well, I am once again a happy Cadillac owner! I lost my last Eldorado over 5 years ago when it was totaled be a nasty hit-run driver and have wanted another one since.

I really hated to send the '98 Riviera down the road as she was so good to me, but the 230K miles were starting to make me worry. Would have loved to hit 300K, and I'll bet it still will. Shame to sell it after sticking that money into the nice exhaust system, shocks, tires etc., but someone will enjoy it as much as me. I'll just have to set the new Eldo up with the same treatment and that 32-valve Northstar motor will be roaring soon!

Here is a couple of quick cell phone pictures I took the day I bought the Eldo. Once I get her polished up good I'll take some better beauty shots. I told myself I didn't want another black car, but she is eye catching! At some point i'd like to put some custom 18" wheels on it and tint the windows. The Dynomax exhaust is definitely one of the first mods though. Check out my '93 that I had in my picture gallery and you'll see how nice that setup looked. It really had a nice raspy sound when you opened her up too!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Nice Eldo, love that generation! Did you use to be on the Cadillac forum? Your story and cars sound familiar.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Randy_W
Nice Eldo, love that generation! Did you use to be on the Cadillac forum? Your story and cars sound familiar.
Thanks Randy. Yes, I was on a couple of those Caddilac forums quite a bit when I had my '93. I'm sure I'll be more active there again as I can't just leave well enough alone. I need to personalize this one too!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:50 AM

Was it Cadillac Owners, or something like that? I was a member for years when I had my '96 Seville, I always argued with the moderator and finally got myself booted off! LOL
Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Randy_W
Was it Cadillac Owners, or something like that? I was a member for years when I had my '96 Seville, I always argued with the moderator and finally got myself booted off! LOL
Yup, cadilac owners was the first one I joined. Here is one of my posts from there when I cross-drilled my rotors and painted my calipers.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-calipers.html

I actually like caddyinfo.com better. Tons of good info on there and much better group and moderators in my opinon. Here is the post on there the day I was hit by the idiot hit-run driver...

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.p...=accident&st=0
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Those staff members were a self important lot, weren't they?

Great car you have, I'm still on the fence about buying one or CTS. Wife is looking at '93 Allante's now, she wants to replace her weekend toy with something easier to get in and out of than her Z/28 convertible.