The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Anyone here watch the TV show "Holmes On Homes"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:55 AM

Anyone here watch the TV show "Holmes On Homes"?

Holy ****!

Mike Holmes has shown and repaired some astonishing botched building/remodeling jobs on his show over the years.

Last nights show is about a $200K addition that's the worst he's ever had on his show.
It'll cost over $300 to repair it according to the assessors and that's not the most ridiculous thing yet.
The builder put a lien on the house and is demanding $350K more than the $175K he's already received.

The job wasn't finished when he got the boot but has so many things dangerously wrong with it that it'll have to come down and get rebuilt from scratch.
He kept telling the homeowners "I'm buildiing you a Mercedes" - He built them a crumbling death-trap.

The show's only 3/4 finished but I had to give a heads up to anyone that enjoys his show or better yet, anyone that might be interested but has never watched it.
It's on HGTV (in HD too if you have it) on Sundays (with reruns from earlier seasons late nights).
They'll probably show it numerous times this week because it's part 1 of 2.

The horrorshow of botched building, repair and remodeling jobs that he fixes on his show is incredible (even if you work in building trades).

Mike's motto is Make It Right
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Mowgli
Holy ****!

Mike Holmes has shown and repaired some astonishing botched building/remodeling jobs on his show over the years.

Last nights show is about a $200K addition that's the worst he's ever had on his show.
It'll cost over $300 to repair it according to the assessors and that's not the most ridiculous thing yet.
The builder put a lien on the house and is demanding $350K more than the $175K he's already received.

The show's only 3/4 finished but I had to give a heads up to anyone that enjoys his show or better yet, anyone that might be interested but has never watched it.
It's on HGTV (in HD too if you have it) on Sundays (with reruns from earlier seasons late nights).
They'll probably show it numerous times this week because it's part 1 of 2.

The horrorshow of botched building, repair and remodeling jobs that he fixes on his show is incredible (even if you work in building trades).

Mike's motto is Make It Right
Great show.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:36 PM

Yeah I love that show. Unfortunately I have a 50yr old house thats now coming apart and actually considered contacting them, but I figured the odds were against being put on the show. So I just watch and learn.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Founding Member

Excellent show and fantastic network. I get all sorts of ideas and learn a lot from most of their shows.