The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Anyone see debate last night?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

Anyone see debate last night?

discuss...
Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 AM

There was a debate last night?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 AM

No, but it was local here. Also the president was in the building next door to me at the base having lunch with the troops.

Planned?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
No, but it was local here. Also the president was in the building next door to me at the base having lunch with the troops.

Planned?

Could be rabbit.....could be (Old Bugs Bunny Cartoon ref)

Goose
Old 07-25-2007, 04:43 PM

I watched some of it.... I think Biden had the best answers to most questions....
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 PM

No, I personally think it ridiculous that they are campaigning so early. I won't even start reading about where the candidates stand on issues until late next fall. Besides, their points of view may change several times before then.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 PM

THey are all up in my neck of the woods...Bill Richardson was in my town's 4th of July parade.....or so I was told.....I got to meet and speak with Kerry and Clark last go around.....neither of them were my cup of tea but since they spoke at a VFW and high school minutes from me I figured why not?

Things so much different now especially on the Dem's side...no one on one with Obama or Clinton..have to have a ticket to a rally in some big friggin field house...only invited certain people able to ask questions...like a damn rock show tour...not that I would vote for either of them but still there is not that same feel that there was with the other Dems in 2004

McCain, Romney, Rudy have all had small meetings in and around my town. Very accessible...

Goose
Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
.....I got to meet and speak with Kerry and Clark last go around
Goose
Clark rebuilt the engine in his car, I doubt most other candidates know that cars have engines. He's good people.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by solman98

Planned?
too bad he hasnt attended one funeral for those who have given their lives...seriously
Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
I watched some of it.... I think Biden had the best answers to most questions....
i also thought Edwards was very much to the point and he seems to be a frontrunner i would stand behind.

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
No, I personally think it ridiculous that they are campaigning so early. I won't even start reading about where the candidates stand on issues until late next fall. Besides, their points of view may change several times before then.
good to see who flip flops by comparing now to then. rather than hearsay...seeing it with your own eyes is far more valuable
Originally Posted by Goose
THey are all up in my neck of the woods...Bill Richardson was in my town's 4th of July parade.....or so I was told.....I got to meet and speak with Kerry and Clark last go around.....neither of them were my cup of tea but since they spoke at a VFW and high school minutes from me I figured why not?
Things so much different now especially on the Dem's side...no one on one with Obama or Clinton..have to have a ticket to a rally in some big friggin field house...only invited certain people able to ask questions...like a damn rock show tour...not that I would vote for either of them but still there is not that same feel that there was with the other Dems in 2004
McCain, Romney, Rudy have all had small meetings in and around my town. Very accessible...
Goose
i see what you mean, but this "you tube" forum allowed many citizens who would never get the chance to make an impact. some silly and funny questions and some really informative all mixed into one. now someone has to ask Hilary whether she wears panties or g-strings
Originally Posted by haypops
Clark rebuilt the engine in his car, I doubt most other candidates know that cars have engines. He's good people.
very cool
Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
now someone has to ask Hilary whether she wears panties or g-strings

I don't want to know the answer to that question!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone see debate last night?