The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Attention Interstate Travelers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by HHR Forever
BB, obviously you don't get it. She is just venting, expessing her frustration of the tourist drivers not knowing how to drive. She would only address a HHR making a problem if a HHR was making a problem. You can't put it simplier than that. You obviously don't get it.

Heh, you even thing LLB is a real person. HES NOT!
What do you mean, LLBs not a real person, wasn`t he giving real advice, aren`t the servicemen and women he was concerned about real? How could an imaginary person send such a heartfelt message. And what about the children.The handicapped wife, if he`s not real, then that/those people must have been part of a cruel joke. That`s not possible on a site like this.
And you`re gonna have a hard time getting into the w.o.w.s.
PS. I knew she was venting, but what tourist are on this site. Most are somewhere relaxing after a traffic jam.
Sorry about hi-jacking the thread , but HHR Forever needed a reply..
Old 11-26-2006, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
JimZ_HHR, Where and when are you planning on coming to MS. I live in Greenville and would like to hook up if you do come down for some Southern Hospitality

Let me know if you would like this and I will make plans on it and send you my phone and email etc... It would be nice to see someone from the Diego area again, spent many years there in the Navy and really do miss a it..

Sorry Not trying to hijack the thread, will shut up now and get back on subject
It will be sometime around April I think, unless i change my mind, I'm from Belzoni MS, about 40 miles from Greenville, there we have our annual Catfish Festival, so i'm planning on attending that. so yes when the time comes i'll be looking you up.... and hopefully anyone along the way once i decide on my route, I also plan on stopping a day or two in New Orleans as I usually do. So Hope to see ya then. ohh and Retired Marine here so ooohhhray sailor :)
Old 11-27-2006, 05:40 PM

I saw 7 HHRs on my Wednesday trip, none on Sunday. In August I saw only one. I think it's a great car to use for travel. One of my sons drove it, asked me the sticker price, then announced he was going to buy one as soon as he graduated from college.

John, the worst experience I had with I-65 was evacuating during Hurricane Opal. The state police wouldn't even let anyone else get on there. We found the Alabama back roads to be very good. They even cleared fallen trees from those roads quickly.

The population has grown tremendously in the gulf coast and throughout Florida. The interstate system can't handle the locals, much less the tourists!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM

I'm glad I did not travel this Holiday weekend.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:27 AM

I get a kick out of a Floridian complaining about bad drivers.

(thinking lots of old retiree's in big caddy's, all you see are the knuckles on top of the steering wheel)
Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
jx3

SB.......I agree with most of what your saying. The only exception is..........

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
1)STAY AS FAR RIGHT AS POSSIBLE EXCEPT TO PASS
If a highway has 3 or more lanes, the right lane should be left open for those that are entering/exiting the highway (unless YOU like to merge left out of THIER way). Center lanes should be used for cruising.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:07 PM

JX3, why let one lane stay empty when the entrance ramps are so far apart?

As I said above, the car/semi/motorhome already in the right lane of the interstate has the right of way and does not have to yield to those entering. Personally, I slow down and let a car in if I can't move left. It's still a better option then having the two left lanes all jammed up!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
JX3, why let one lane stay empty when the entrance ramps are so far apart?
Apparently, you have never traveled on I-95 south of West Palm Beach. There are ramps every mile or closer.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jx3
SB.......I agree with most of what your saying. The only exception is..........

If a highway has 3 or more lanes, the right lane should be left open for those that are entering/exiting the highway (unless YOU like to merge left out of THIER way). Center lanes should be used for cruising.
Actually, if I remember traffic laws correctly, slower moving traffic and those vehicles (some states....buses and trucks) designated for the right lane, should be in the extreme right lane, unless it is expressly designated as a right turn or merging lane.

Oh, forgot to say...the vehicles entering the Interstate have the RESPONSIBILITY to merge with continuous moving traffic (although most people think it is the other way around).
Old 11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
jx3

If you are talking about what is "legal", there is no "law" stating that I can't do 45 mph in the "passing" lane. As long as I'm going in the correct direction doing the posted minimum speed, I can choose what ever lane I feel like.
Now out of courtesy, I choose to cruise in the center lane, leaving the left open for passing, and the right open for those who are entering/exiting the freeway so I don't have to worry about them merging.

Quick Reply: Attention Interstate Travelers!