The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: 3 choices what is yours?
For the bailout
17.65%
against the bailout
72.94%
don't understand the bailout
9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Bailout for or against?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
NO BAILOUT! I think this country NEEDS to have easy breezy credit tighten up for while.
Problem is, credit is so frozen right now that the small to medium business that needs a short term loan to complete a project, even with contract in hand cannot get credit. I bought a GE 10 year note today that has a basic rate of 5.8% and sold for 80 cents on the dollar. If GE is paying that much, what about the small contractor, paving company, car dealer, etc? I am certainly not smart enough to say the bailout plan is good or bad, but obviously something has to be done, everybody is terrified of lending money right now.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by sp52075
Hell no let suffer like the rest of us.Nobody offed to bail me out I have taken about a $35,000 loss of pay this year due to being in construction and the huge slow down of home buying in CA oh ya and my company may be going under in the next month or so. Now in in over my head due to loss of income my savings is gone I have been charging my house payment now my cards are over the limit and I am paying interest out of my A hole. So now what do I do go bankrupt or saw off my shotgun so I dont have to pull the trigger with my toe. lol(kidding I would never harm a fire arm) I cant get any offers for a bail out. Hell I cant even afford to play the Lottery to try and get rich. So all those rich basterds getting bailed out can kiss my ass right in the crack(with tongue)

Thank You.. Our Contract is up Jan 1st and we haven't heard about it being signed yet, was suppose to be signed Today. Anyone going to bail me out come Jan? Nope didn't think so...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 PM

I am not sure about the bail out at this moment, still watching and getting an opinion. so far I am leaning on the no side. Like others, the Big Wall Street degenerates got themselves into the mess, let them suffer like the rest.
Its amazing how the government can take time to work out something to help them idiots, but it can take yrs upon yrs for a VETERAN to fight for his disability if he/she needs it. It took me 10yrs of fighting for mine.

I say that maybe we should vote for Warren Buffet as President, Bill Gates for Vice President.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Lets use a little stock market analagy here.
I'm a stock trader and when I make a 500,000 share trade and it gets screwed up by the brokerage house or the market maker they can Brake the Execution and back it out.

Thats what should happen to all of the crooked deals made even if it takes time to do all of them. Yes it's complicated but they can follow the money trail to do it.
The cheats and crooks can pay back all of there easy money they stole on these crooked deals.
Each time you back one out, you let the home owner open a new contract for a fixed low intrest rate mortgage that they can afford.
Haven't heard anybody talk about doing anything like this...have you??

H-ll NO ....they want to Rush this thru before anybody figues the whole mess out.

Stinks to high Heaven...IMHO
Old 09-30-2008, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Daverb
I am not sure about the bail out at this moment, still watching and getting an opinion. so far I am leaning on the no side. Like others, the Big Wall Street degenerates got themselves into the mess, let them suffer like the rest.
Its amazing how the government can take time to work out something to help them idiots, but it can take yrs upon yrs for a VETERAN to fight for his disability if he/she needs it. It took me 10yrs of fighting for mine.

I say that maybe we should vote for Warren Buffet as President, Bill Gates for Vice President.
Goverment Helps the Rich first. If this problem never effect any stock Market they wouldn't be talking Bail-Out plan.. O sorry its now called a Rescue Plan.

Why were bashing Washington.. We could save alot of money if the Senate etc wasn't allowed to Make there own raises every year. Must be Nice.. Umm this year i wanna make 550,000.. Next year lets go 700,000.

Right about now i would elect Warren and Bill over these two dee-dee's.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 AM

A lot of us are feeling like it is us against wall street, in reality it is more like us and wall street against bad behaviour on a small percent of wall street and irresponsible behaviour among us too. Like it or not we are dependent on the performance of equities not only by direct investment, but also for pensions, 401ks, and tax payers (i.e. all of us) guaranteeing state pensions which rely on equity investments (if they don't perform we make up the difference).
Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 PM

This says it all.......
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM

Yeah but we have Barney Frank to save us all...omg we are really screwed...same guy who said there is no crisis with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

He is all yours FW

The voters of Massachusetts may get it right this time .......albeit too late for us now but........vote that Jolly Sholly guy or whatever his name is in

Goose
Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 PM

BTW, this whole spending spree easy credit BS is not unique to the USA. Check out what has been happening in Germany, England and even little old Iceland over the last 3 years. http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/financial-avalanche-hits-iceland-amid/story.aspx?guid={E3664C74-C084-4EEB-AE58-7541E5449530}
Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

Would anybody be interested in an editoral on this subject. It's political but it does raise issues/questions with both parties.

It's the 8 questions that we, citizens/tax payers, should ask about the most recent BAIL-OUT. It does make for interesting reading.

Also if the Mods allow.

Quick Reply: Bailout for or against?