The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Black Friday

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by TCRNCOB
I went to Lowes and Walmart on my way home from work this morning and could not believe how easy it was getting in and out of the stores. NO waiting at all. At Lowes I got a cordless drill set and flashlights, in and out of store in less than 10 min.

At Walmart I got 3 digital photo frames and even with looking around I was out in less than 30 min. (my fault it took so long, I was takeing my time looking).

I am sure the economy is hurting this year due to gas prices and such. I did not see the crowds I have seen in past years.
To me there wasn't anything to rush out and get. Another thing some stores did was putting the "doorbusters" on sale online also. So, people could get the deals with out dealing with the weather, lines, and people
Old 11-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
To me there wasn't anything to rush out and get. Another thing some stores did was putting the "doorbusters" on sale online also. So, people could get the deals with out dealing with the weather, lines, and people
My wife took advantage of that last night. Don't know what she got, though ...

We went out about 10:30, it was still a bit of a zoo. Checked out Best Buy, found that they want to bend me over on a remote starter for my wife's car. Went to Pep Boys (bad CQ employee!) and got what I basically wanted for about half, now I need to either find an installer or get the guts to install it myself.

Toys R Us had 400 people camped out at 3am waiting for a PS3 doorbuster, and some lady at half past noon complaning that there weren't any left. Go fig.

Best Buy had a frickin' RV in the parking lot.

Blah.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Founding Member

I went out to Gottschalks at 10:00am, no problems at all. A wee bit crowded was all. $60 each regular price, 4 of them for $98.27. Two are for me and two are gifts. 60% discounted plus a $4.80 discount, I dont know what the other discount was for, I just asked if I needed a coupon for any additional discounts, the clerk winked and said no then gave it to me just for asking.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:16 PM

The crowds were plenty large in Destin Florida. I don't even head down there except during non-tourist season. The roads were packed at 7am. I guess those high homeowner's insurance premiums don't affect others as much as they do me. I, too, didn't see much I could give as presents. That's why I bought things I needed at great discounts.

Last edited by SandyBeach; 11-24-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

my fiancee and i got a wild hair and decided to hit the outlet malls last night at midnight. came home at 5am. she bought some sunglasses and i bought 3 shirts for $30. good news is at Dillards the same 3 shirts would be $150. so i guess it was worth the BS to save $120
Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Smile Black Friday

Up at 6AM out the door by 7. Stopped at Timmy Hortons for three bagels and coffee. Then I met up with another couple, we are doing an estate sale here in town. Still needed to set tables and set stuff out. Then I get to go thru and mark it all.
I love setting these sales up, find all kinds of old neat stuff. I found 4 vintage early auto kersone lights or for a buggy ? Got them home here so I can get an idea as to what to put on them. Several 50's kids board games, lots of cut glass as well. Best find was two photo books, just so happens it was my 3rd & 4th grade class pic's. I'm in both of them, what a find. Brought them home to show the better half to show her how good looking I was back then.
We left the house around 4ish. We need to be there at 7 so the doors open at 8AM. I'll bet there will be 100 people lined up after signing in.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:44 PM

I got up at 5:20 and was in Walmart at 5:40. All I bought was a printer for my home computer, since mine recently died. I couldn't pass up a lexmark all in one for $25. Store was very crowded and the check out lines were horrendous, but since I only had one item, I got to go through the speedy lanes and was out fairly quickly.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:38 PM
jx3

After lolling around the house all day, Amy and I realized that she needed a jar of butternut squash puree for a repeat of a recipe. So at 5 pm we dared to go to the mall to pick up a jar at Williams-Sonoma. They were on the clearance rack at half price! Amy cleaned them out of the rest of their inventory (8 jars ). On the way back to the car, I decided to "browse" (my excuse) in the jewelry store. Picked up the pendant necklace I had put on hold for a Channakah gift for Amy to go along with the bracelet I gave her last week for our 5th anniversary. Total time at mall........30 minutes!!

Bracelet is the same as pictured........................... Necklace is similar

Name:  bracelet.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  13.1 KBName:  necklace.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  11.2 KB
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Founding Member

Thats mighty sparkely!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:08 PM

If you guys are looking to upgrade your 17 or 19 LCD take a look at the 22" Westinghouse at Target for 167 dollars. Best $$ upgrade I have done to my PC. Tonight I hooked it up with a DVI cable and all I can say is wow! 167 for this LCD is a steal. Samsungs that cost almost 100-150 more better look like HD to make them worth more than this LCD

Very pleased.....to avoid the crowds, look and see what will be on sale on BF, buy it a couple days before and then just bring your receipt in for a price adjustment

Goose

Quick Reply: Black Friday