The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Bob got broken into!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Could be a LOT worse. A friend of mine in high school had the rear hatch busted out of his '85 Firebird for a couple of Wal-Mart subs. $600 damage for maybe $60 worth of subs.
Yep. I had a Panasonic aftermarket stereo in my 98 Cavalier. Went into the mall with my wife to pick something up. Came out about 15 minutes later and opened my door, and I was like WTF?

The dash face was bent down under the steering column, the stereo was gone, passenger side lock barrel was pulled out of the door, paint and sheet metal damage.

$1,300 damage for a $200 stereo

Mike, sorry to hear that BOB was broken into. With all the work you've had done to it, BOB is now a target unfortunately.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:49 PM

Mike
I remember locking my car at the mall and setting another guy's alarm off with my key fob. Not even the same car companies! I know you don't even want to hear this but its true. Sorry Dude. I'm just glad they didn't take Bob from you. I hate to say it but You can always buy more Fireworks. It would be nice if you can find out how they gain entry. If you do please let us know.

Z
Old 06-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Unfortunately, I solved the mystery on how they got in.......................

And yes, those scratches are all the way to metal. I've also found a few slices in the paint. At least one on each bumper.

This is probably gonna be major to have fixed because of the paint. Otherwise it would be a simple fix.
Cookie or not! Seeing the damage to that gorgeous HHR, they must die no questions asked!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Mike
I remember locking my car at the mall and setting another guy's alarm off with my key fob. Not even the same car companies! I know you don't even want to hear this but its true. Sorry Dude. I'm just glad they didn't take Bob from you. I hate to say it but You can always buy more Fireworks. It would be nice if you can find out how they gain entry. If you do please let us know.

Z
From the pic I posted it looks like they shoved a screw driver under the door handle. Doesn't look like it took much either.

The fireworks and subs are the least of my worries. I gotta feeling I'm looking at major repainting. Price you pay for having a custom car as a daily driver I guess. I'm just hoping I don't get screwed by my insurance company.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:37 PM

Was this a meeting you regularly attend? They must've known you had a subbox there. These folks probably knew you and it seems to me that they were watching you...

Ng
Old 06-23-2007, 04:39 PM

What do you mean by screwed by the insurance company? Did you have it appraised yet and get it insured for that amount? If not, they are only obligated to return it to the Victory Red I would think. My other concern would be the possibility of insurance premium being increased, mandatory deductible increase or even cancelled.

I worked in the industry for over 15 years and saw this happen many times unfortunately. But as you said...it's something you have to be aware can happen when you drive a high profile car like Bob. Cool looking cars like yours bring out all the dirtbag pieces of crap unfortunatly.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Not that this will help much, but my brother caught some punk breakin in to his ride, which was a piece o **** car , but he did put the boots to him after he called the cops and before they arrived. "dunno where the blood came from officer ,he must have fell trying to run away"
Old 06-23-2007, 05:59 PM

Society Sucks!!! You are not allowed to have nice things in life without other people either trying to steal it or damage it