The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Bob got broken into!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Angry Bob got broken into!

wtf!!!

i'm Sitting In A Meeting A Little While Ago And Someone Comes In And Tells Me My Trunck Is Open!!!

i Know I Locked My Car And The Hatch Was Closed. So I Go Outside And Sure As ****, It Was Wide Open!! Gone Were About $250 Worth Of Fireworks and my Sub-box!!

how The Fvck Do You Open A Hatch When The Doors Are Locked? Something Is Messed Up With The Hhr's LockS Because all The Doors Were Unlocked!! But When I Opened The Driver's Door The Alarm Went Off.

wtf!!!!

no Glass Was Broken, No Forced Entry That I Can See In The Dark. How The Fvck Did They Get It Open?!

this Sucks!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Dude, that sucks.
Any proof of a break in at all?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Uma

I am so sorry for you, I hope no damage was done to the HHR, It is very worrisome however, I have not felt the need for an alarm, I thought the standard was fine...must rethink! Again, sorry I would be lost without my subs. todd (Uma)
Old 06-23-2007, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chizzer
Dude, that sucks.
Any proof of a break in at all?

Let's see..................
  1. doors were locked when I left the car
  2. hatch open
  3. items missing
  4. doors unlocked but not opened; alarm goes off when I open door
WTF do you want, pictures or video, maybe an eye witness?! My **** is gone. I said no broken glass or visible forced entry. What kind of proof do you want?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 AM

I'd just like to know how the hell they got in!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I'd just like to know how the hell they got in!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:09 AM

That's just a bad end to a day. Man that sux

I wonder, can thieve go around with a signal device that they can change the frequency of to access cars and such. Like a VFO ( Variable frequency oscillator )?
They could cruise about , open car doors locks, garage doors, whatever. I just don't know how secure all this wireless stuff is today.

I remember locking my car at the mall and setting another guy's alarm off with my key fob. Not even the same car companies!

Sorry to hear of this.
You lost good stuff and are pissed! Can't blame you.

We now all have more to worry about since you cannot figure out how they got in. Obviously car thieves know a bit more than we do. And the alarm went off wean you entered the car. Something is just not right here. I'm still thinking high tech VFO or something.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:06 AM

Sorry to hear about Bob. Sounds like you haven't had much luck lately. But better days ahead.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
That's just a bad end to a day. Man that sux

I wonder, can thieve go around with a signal device that they can change the frequency of to access cars and such. Like a VFO ( Variable frequency oscillator )?
They could cruise about , open car doors locks, garage doors, whatever. I just don't know how secure all this wireless stuff is today.

I remember locking my car at the mall and setting another guy's alarm off with my key fob. Not even the same car companies!

Sorry to hear of this.
You lost good stuff and are pissed! Can't blame you.

We now all have more to worry about since you cannot figure out how they got in. Obviously car thieves know a bit more than we do. And the alarm went off wean you entered the car. Something is just not right here. I'm still thinking high tech VFO or something.
I'm just surprised that someone in "the hood" would have more knowledge than us. But then again, like my grandpa used to always say, "locks only keep honest people out."

I'll be going over my car very well in the day tomorrow to see what I can figure out. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:13 AM

I'm sure you,ll figure it out Mike. I hope nothing else is wrong Bob.

Quick Reply: Bob got broken into!