The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Bought A New Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:50 PM

Bought A New Car

Well after 2 years of happy ownership I traded in the HHR this past weekend. I will miss the HHR and I have a feeling I'll get another one in the future because I really do like these cars, but when I found the car I traded the HHR in for I just couldn't miss out on the opportunity to own one. So with that being said my new car is a 2004 Volvo S60 R with 76k miles on it and man is this car sweet. They gave me $8k on the trade in which is about what my HHR was worth with 62k miles on it and they were only asking $9k for the Volvo. Also I will still hang around the forums and contribute when and where I can. I just may not be on here as much as I am now lol. I mean after all this a great site and I'm glad to be a part of it. Anyway on to the pics. The first picture is the last one I took of my HHR and the other two are of my Volvo.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member

Congrats on the new ride !!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:38 AM

I feel happy and sad for you simultaneously. Happy for you finding a ride you desire...sad for you having to say goodbye to your trusted friend.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Congrats on the new ride !!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Benjiwah
I feel happy and sad for you simultaneously. Happy for you finding a ride you desire...sad for you having to say goodbye to your trusted friend.
Yeah I was sad to see the HHR go because it was a great car, but the Volvo definitely makes up for it.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Administrator

sad but happy, no just sad, but I can't understand going to a 2004 from your HHR, but best of luck with you're new ride
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 PM

Thanks and yeah it is older than my HHR, but it has a lot of features standard that were either extra options or not even available on the HHR. So that the 300 HP turbocharged 2.5L I5 and the fact that it's AWD had me sold.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Premium Member

My HHR has 300 hp and will kick your Volvo butt, unless it ts snowing, then all bets are off..... You have always had great imput here, hate to see you go. I hope you Volvo is a great car for you.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Deceased

Congrats on your new ride, but don't be a stranger OK.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
My HHR has 300 hp and will kick your Volvo butt, unless it ts snowing, then all bets are off..... You have always had great imput here, hate to see you go. I hope you Volvo is a great car for you.
Thanks man I really appreciate that and it means a lot. I was actually looking to get an HHR SS, but after a few months of searching all of the ones I found were either at the high end or completely out of my price range considering I still owed money on my current HHR. That or they were pretty beat up or had 90k+ miles on them. So I started looking for my second choice which was the S60 R because I've always liked Volvo's and well I found one that I really liked and traded in the HHR for it. Also don't worry I will still stick around the site. I just may not be quite as active as I have been. As for the HHR beating the Volvo I think it would be interesting to see who would win because they are pretty evenly matched. I'm not saying the HHR wouldn't win, but I'm not saying it would either. If I'm ever up in Washington we may have to find a dragstrip and run a couple of 1/4 miles just to see who wins.

Originally Posted by 843de
Congrats on your new ride, but don't be a stranger OK.
Thanks man and I won't be a stranger. I will still stick around the site, but like I said above I just may not be as active as I have been. After all I have no reason to not stick around. This is a great site and although the HHR is gone it doesn't mean that I still can't contribute to other members and the site. I mean heck I'm still an active member on the Alero forum and I haven't had an Alero since 2010 when I bought my Intrigue. Plus I have a feeling I'll get another HHR in the future. They're great cars and I would have no problem with owning another one.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

I'm not really a 'car guy', but that Volvo looks Sweet !!!

Quick Reply: Bought A New Car